Jean Detheux's Discussions (423)

Discussions Replied To (374) Replies Latest Activity

"For a long time, I used the ProRes 422(HQ) option, it was the format I worked with i…"

Jean Detheux replied on Sunday to Video file format and size

5 on Sunday
Reply by Jean Detheux

"Snapz Pro rocks, but is not cheap if, as I do, you need that kind of utility on a nu…"

Jean Detheux replied Aug 8 to Use of manual painting in video

3 Aug 8
Reply by Alan

"All my work is done in Apple ProRes 4444, I’ve use 422 (HQ) as well. 4444 is highly…"

Jean Detheux replied Jul 9 to codecs

6 Jul 9
Reply by Synthetik Software

"Actually John, if I had more money, I probably could do with less gear (right now I…"

Jean Detheux replied Oct 4, 2016 to SA Hot Keys on Steroids: The Contour ShuttlePro v2

6 Oct 4, 2016
Reply by Jean Detheux

"John, Working in real time is very different from working in a studio setup, and I d…"

Jean Detheux replied Oct 3, 2016 to SA Hot Keys on Steroids: The Contour ShuttlePro v2

6 Oct 4, 2016
Reply by Jean Detheux

"Florence, I have both version 1 and 2 of the ShuttlePro, have had them since they ca…"

Jean Detheux replied Oct 1, 2016 to SA Hot Keys on Steroids: The Contour ShuttlePro v2

6 Oct 4, 2016
Reply by Jean Detheux

"It will start in Italy (Rome), but there are already hints it will travel elsewhere…"

Jean Detheux replied Jun 30, 2016 to Beefing up SA’s capabilities for real-time performances

3 Jul 1, 2016
Reply by Clavo

"The Intuos Pro ExpressKeys are priceless, I rely heavily on them both in studio and…"

Jean Detheux replied Apr 8, 2016 to SHORT KEY for "run automatic action"

9 Apr 8, 2016
Reply by Jean Detheux

"Thanks. A quick word about the “3D” aspect of Rembrandt’s paintings: the thicker are…"

Jean Detheux replied Apr 6, 2016 to My artwork is done... Now what?

5 Apr 7, 2016

"Here are two prints done a few day ago on an Epson P9000 (11 inks). Paper is Somerse…"

Jean Detheux replied Apr 6, 2016 to My artwork is done... Now what?

5 Apr 7, 2016

RSS

Latest Activity

leswag posted photos
16 hours ago
leswag posted a status
"The need to learn..."
yesterday
leswag updated their profile
yesterday
mark g replied to mark g's discussion splatter effect
"Thankyou..thats fantastic"
Monday
Synthetik Software replied to mark g's discussion splatter effect
"Here are some V5 paint presets that show off different splatter effects. I've attached 2 categories as well as some Brush files they use that you might need if they aren't already inside your V5 Brush folder."
Sunday
Jean Detheux replied to Karen Brown's discussion Video file format and size
"For a long time, I used the ProRes 422(HQ) option, it was the format I worked with in both SA and FCP and later FCP X,  but once I saw (on a movie theatre screen) the “same” movie in 422 (HQ) and in 4444, I was sold on ProRes…"
Sunday
Jean Detheux posted a video

SR1 from Jean Detheux on Vimeo.

SR1

Another salvaged sketch done about 13 or 14 years ago, when I was exploring various ways to approach my first NFB film (“Liaisons": https://www.nfb.ca/film/liaisons_fr).
Sunday
Synthetik Software replied to Karen Brown's discussion Video file format and size
"Any time you run a lossy compression algorithm, you are going to lose something associated with the frame image. That degradation will compound if you later recompress with a difference codec. Whether or not that is a problem depends on the source…"
Sunday

© 2017   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service