David Kaplan's Discussions (21)

Discussions Replied To (18) Replies Latest Activity

"True, you could export your captured footage at 1080p Apple ProRes and use that as a…"

David Kaplan replied Feb 4, 2010 to HD Video Compression Specifications

20 Feb 8, 2012
Reply by Celia Hemken

"Your HD 1080i60 footage is the live-action footage you want to manipulate in SA? Th…"

David Kaplan replied Feb 1, 2010 to HD Video Compression Specifications

20 Feb 8, 2012
Reply by Celia Hemken

"That still image looks good - I'd be curious to see the film in motion. Can you post…"

David Kaplan replied May 2, 2009 to Paint Entire Frame Fast - HELP NEEDED!

3 May 2, 2009
Reply by David Kaplan

"i should be around, yes. let's definitely try to grab a coffee."

David Kaplan replied Mar 12, 2009 to external hard drive

18 Mar 18, 2009
Reply by Jean Detheux

"i have had some bad experiences with LaCie as well. big 1TB drives that just went 'k…"

David Kaplan replied Mar 12, 2009 to external hard drive

18 Mar 18, 2009
Reply by Jean Detheux

"yes you can, that's the quickest way; you're basically dropping one interlace field…"

David Kaplan replied Feb 5, 2009 to Preparing your source footage

6 Feb 5, 2009
Reply by Synthetik Software

"this may seem obvious, but if you are using interlaced video it really helps to de-i…"

David Kaplan replied Feb 5, 2009 to Preparing your source footage

6 Feb 5, 2009

"i guess what i meant to ask was whether a 300dpi movie file is much bigger than a 72…"

David Kaplan replied Mar 8, 2008 to SA to FC query

17 Mar 11, 2008
Reply by mark g

"it depends on the type of paint stroke. if you use some kind of edge stroke, autopai…"

David Kaplan replied Mar 8, 2008 to Flicker Free Watercolours like in "Year of the Fish"

13 Apr 21, 2009

"good to know about the animation codec vs. pro res, though i don't have the latest v…"

David Kaplan replied Mar 8, 2008 to SA to FC query

17 Mar 11, 2008
Reply by mark g

RSS

Latest Activity

Synthetik Software replied to Richard Page's discussion Could the SA Weekly Challenge make a comeback?
"You can reorganize the presets any way you want. It's all user customizable. Here's a tip on preset folder organization. You can also build custom favorites categories. So you could build specific Favorite categories with presets that make…"
23 hours ago
Synthetik Software replied to Richard Page's discussion Could the SA Weekly Challenge make a comeback?
"If you are working with a PASeq, you could use Source Context action steps to record and play back references to different source images. It's totally separate from layers. You could use them to build a PASeq that associates different source…"
23 hours ago
Jean Detheux posted a video

Louisiana Blues from Jean Detheux on Vimeo.

Louisiana Blues

More than 10 years ago, Anyango Yarbo-Davenport and I did some serious work together, you can see some it here: https://vimeo.com/showcase/2985621 We reconnected lately and decided to renew our collaboration. "Louisiana Blues" is the first movie to…
yesterday
Alan posted photos
yesterday
David Buckle posted a photo
yesterday
Richard Page posted a discussion

I'm hooked on Radomize!

As I am slowly getting to grips with SA, I find features that make me smile!My latest find... Randomize!I know for most this may seem a strange selection, but the reason is simple... there is so much you can change that you could be here for a long, long time!For example: I'm working my way through, Image Operation and I'm looking at Border blur. I then open the Editor and what do I see... loads of options and I must admit, most just pass me by. However, I know in the past I've spent ages…See More
yesterday
Richard Page replied to Richard Page's discussion Could the SA Weekly Challenge make a comeback?
"I'm still exloring IpOps... there is so much! Amazing! There are sometimes options/presets etc, that produce results that I don't think I will use, so I'm considering deleting these. Would this remove those options in that particular…"
yesterday
Richard Page replied to Richard Page's discussion Could the SA Weekly Challenge make a comeback?
"Yes you are right... I was going off on a wrong tangent! Sorry about that, I do have a tendency to waffle on! I'm working my way through SA for the purpose of knowing what to expect when I make a choice and then being able to build, or create…"
yesterday

© 2020   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service