Since there is no way to save a region selection in a Session Save, I have come up with a workaround that may help everyone:
1. First create the mask.
2. Create a new layer and turn the mask on.
3. Go to adjust and chose Lum.
4. Apply till the open area is 100% black (or white.)
5. Invert the region mask (Canvas, Region Selection Commands, Invert)
6. Apply the mask gain on the layer.
7. Choose Lum again and apply till the area is 100% white(or black)
8. Turn off that layer
8. You will now have a black and white template that can be used to create a new mask after you save the session.
Sure, this is sort of like the function of saving a selection to an alpha chanel that you see in Photoshop. Thanks Paul.
A few features of SA's Region Selection tools that I like...
Using your above approach, once you have a selection mask you want to save,
1) create a new layer
2) make sure the layer is filled with black
3) make sure your source color is set to pure white
4) Hit the Action button. This will fill the selection with the source color (white) 4a) For this to work, make sure your Region Selection panel (use the hot key command-4 to toggle into and out of the panel) is set so the Fill Action is set to Src Color
5) in the future when you want to recall this selection, switch to this layer and from the main menu bar, select, Canvas>Set Region Selection to>Canvas Image.
There are all sorts of variations on this theme you could try, including using the "set layer alpha to..." options. Also, Image Processors can be configured so they process Region Selections and Alpha, then the output can be drawn to region selections or alpha.... I guess it's a matter of what you're comfortable with.
There are already a ton of different automatic preset generation features in Studio Artist. They include:1: Preset memories that record and playback all of the editable settings associated with a preset. And for the paint synth, preset memories that just record and playback editable settings associated with specific high level attributes of the preset, like path generation only, or brush settings only.2: Morph and Mingle commands that work off of 2 or more preset memories.3: Randomize…See More
"One thing you should be aware of. The next update we do is going to require os 10.15 Catalina or later to run on the mac. We wasted a lot of time trying to support older mac os versions, and had to drop all of that to avoid endless…"