Since there is no way to save a region selection in a Session Save, I have come up with a workaround that may help everyone:
1. First create the mask.
2. Create a new layer and turn the mask on.
3. Go to adjust and chose Lum.
4. Apply till the open area is 100% black (or white.)
5. Invert the region mask (Canvas, Region Selection Commands, Invert)
6. Apply the mask gain on the layer.
7. Choose Lum again and apply till the area is 100% white(or black)
8. Turn off that layer
8. You will now have a black and white template that can be used to create a new mask after you save the session.
Sure, this is sort of like the function of saving a selection to an alpha chanel that you see in Photoshop. Thanks Paul.
A few features of SA's Region Selection tools that I like...
Using your above approach, once you have a selection mask you want to save,
1) create a new layer
2) make sure the layer is filled with black
3) make sure your source color is set to pure white
4) Hit the Action button. This will fill the selection with the source color (white) 4a) For this to work, make sure your Region Selection panel (use the hot key command-4 to toggle into and out of the panel) is set so the Fill Action is set to Src Color
5) in the future when you want to recall this selection, switch to this layer and from the main menu bar, select, Canvas>Set Region Selection to>Canvas Image.
There are all sorts of variations on this theme you could try, including using the "set layer alpha to..." options. Also, Image Processors can be configured so they process Region Selections and Alpha, then the output can be drawn to region selections or alpha.... I guess it's a matter of what you're comfortable with.
21 Variation 20
This is the 21st part of the Goldberg Variations, a music - images dialogue in 32 movements between Elisabetta Guglielmin (harpsichord) and Jean Detheux (images).
At first, the 32 videos will be posted on Vimeo, one at a time (Aria…
Attached are:Exported Image = GirlWithClasses_Soda.jpgPaint Synthesizer Preset = Alpha_PNG_TSP_Untouched_Orient_Modulation_6Mosaic Image Folder = Stuff.zipI want to replace certain colors from my GirlWithGlasses.jpg source image with certain .png's from my Mosaic Image Folder:Source Image skin color = Yellow Fanta soda canSource Image hair color = Orange Fanta soda canSource Image clothing color = Purple Fanta soda canSource Image glasses and pupils = = Black Coke soda canSource Image lips =…See More
"Reset Generator is what you were looking for in the Path Start control panel. It's an editable parameter of it's own, not an option in the Generator. If you turn it on, then a random seed parameter you can set for it becomes…"
What would be necessary to to make AutoPaint strokes look more consistent from frame to frame in an animation? (Or even when re-drawing the same frame for that matter?)A fixed random seed for Auto Paint would help probably. I checked out different types of "Path Start / Generator", but I could not find the right option.The best would be if that random seed can be animated, so it's possible to have more continuous strokes and more flickering ones.A hint would be very much appreciated, thanks a…See More