Someone asked a question recently about art mapping a movie with a folder of sub movies using MSG Evolver recently. And as i was thinking it occurred to me that you could do something similar in Studio Artist directly. The trick is to use 2D index mapping in a movie source brush or movie background texture.

Let's say you have 5 different sub movies you want to work with, and they are all 50 frames long. The you could make a movie brush were they are strung back to back. The movie brush would be 250 frames, the first 50 frames being the first sub movie, the second 50 frames being the second sub movie, etc. The you can set up the 2D index mapping for the movie so that the individual sub movies frame advance and you use some visual attribute to index between them. I ran some simple tests using source luminance to map the movies and it does work. I used time particles for continuity through time for the paint nibs. But you could use a fixed sampling grid for the path starts.

Views: 549

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Feel free to point me at those and i might be able to comment on them. The forum was started when we were still selling MSG Evolver.

Please I have attached a file that used the art mapper effect.

File attached

If it's on the user forum like you said, point me at the appropriate photo post url. Your file isn't showing up for me as an attachment. If it's a jpeg image, just use the file button at the top of the text entry field (2nd one in from the left at top) to add it inline in your text post.

Attached

Hi John, 

Please I have attached the file waiting for your response. Please I badly need this thing. Please help me out.

Thanks

It looks like you are just asking about sub-nested tiling. And recently when i tried to point you at tutorials on that subject you told me you already know how to do it. So i'm not really sure what you are asking here?

If i'm mis-interpreting what you are asking about, please try to explain it better.

I'm also not sure what sub-nested tiling has to do with the MSG Evolver artmapper effects?

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response, looking at the artwork especially at the edges you can notice that the image brush used perfectly fit into two different tones within the source image. i have attached the same file indicating what I am referring to please.

Just to be clear, are you referring to image brush mapping that uses more then 1 color for spatial mapping within the image brush itself? Or colorization that is interpolating across the image brush?

What colorization option are you using in the Evolver ArtMapper when you see that. It's been awhile, but i seem to remember that Evolver's ArtMapper had a Quad color colorization option. Quad referring to a color for each of the 4 quadrants of the tile, with those 4 colors interpolating as you moved across the surface of the tile.

RSS

Latest Activity

Danny Ceunen commented on Bernard Bunner's photo
Thumbnail

MSG Abstract7 / ArtCam

"nice work to lasercut in color acrylic"
yesterday
mark g commented on mark g's photo
Thumbnail

Leonardo's lost sketchbook. 4. Robby the robot

"actor..was in 'Titanic'...and painted a woman, which is apparenty famous....hangs in the LOUVRE..: )"
yesterday
Paul Perlow posted a photo
Tuesday
Synthetik Software replied to Adrion T. Kelley's discussion Matching colors from Source Image to .png's from Mosaic Image Folder
"If you have very specific requirements for how you want the image folder brushes to be laid own in the canvas, and if the RGB Match brush indexing doesn't do the job you want, you could build selection masks and run multiple passes with the…"
Tuesday
Synthetik Software replied to Adrion T. Kelley's discussion Matching colors from Source Image to .png's from Mosaic Image Folder
"So i'm confused about what you are trying to do.  The RGB Mapping frame modulator in Brush Source is going to choose the image that gives the least RGB error when matched to the source color where it is being placed down.  You have it…"
Monday
"Well, if you look in the Brush Modulation control panel, you will see that you are using the source Image Orientation to modulate both the size and the orientation of the brush nibs. So if you set the Size Modulation to None, then there will be no…"
Monday
David Buckle posted photos
Monday
Jean Detheux posted a video

Variation 19 FB image sequence from Jean Detheux on Vimeo.

Variation 19 FB image sequence

Image sequence built with individual images pulled from the Variation 18 video posted on Facebook, the images are being used based on the viewers' reaction. More info here: https://vimeo.com/showcase/5641128 At first, the 32 videos will be posted…
Monday

© 2020   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service