I have been playing with regionalize painting first using some of the region painter presets and more productively creating selective auto regions and then painting inside those regions.
I am having difficulty finding the proper Image Op that will produce the region I now want to experiment with.
My method is to simplify an image with simplify, blurs, Color simplify, threshholds adjustments, smart contrasts, stuff like that to generate a region to a tonality that I want to paint within.
Now I want to separate the simplified sections based on Hue to get to a region. I am not being very successful at finding the Image Op that can start me towards Hue separations that can then be processed with thresholds, or what ever, to a region.
Any suggestions where to look?

Thanks in advance.

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So am I allowed to answer my own question?
I have been playing with the "Simplify" Image Op and getting somewhere. Set colour space to RGB, IP to Source Image Canvas compensation to "Threshold canvas and effect". This one seems to get me close to where I want to go, especially when I choose Lum for the effect.
The big hint is I select a colour from the Image with the picker and play with the saturation slider of the chosen colour in the fixed colour window. I then option click the colour into colour mem 1 and clear the canvas to colour mem 1, then action. Varying the saturation slider of the colour I select from the image has a great deal to do with where the crossover on the threshold happens. Then by adding repetitions to the IP OP, or reapplying the effect in BW colour space, I can get a nice hue related selection that I can then set as a region under the "Replace Region Selection" in the canvas compensation.
Threshold IP OP was doing similar things for me but because that IP OP has more controls it is harder to understand all the variables needed to get me to the effect.
Pays to be persistent with experimenting.
If you just want to create mattes from certain colored areas or certain hues you could try the Selective Color Matte IMage Operation.
Yes JohnD that is what I wanted. So easy, thanks. I knew it was in there somewhere but just didn't trip across it.

Thanks

RSS

Latest Activity

Synthetik Software replied to Heather's discussion Watershed direction
"Ok, so your PASeq preset really just is using one paint action step. So when you go into the paint synthesizer, you can see that it's using path start regionization. The path start generator is the Watershed DM, and the Path type is Path Start…"
12 hours ago
Thor Johnson commented on Thor Johnson's photo
Thumbnail

Mr Pig

"Thank you Mark!"
19 hours ago
Synthetik Software replied to Yao Kuame's discussion Paint preset mixer
"Here's a link to a previous discussion here on the topic of using the paint preset mixer. Suggest you read that first, then feel free to ask here any question you may still have."
yesterday
Yao Kuame replied to Yao Kuame's discussion Paint preset mixer
"Hello please could you please help me out on the paint preset mixer, I know nothing about it and would appreciate if you could help me out. Thanks"
yesterday
Heather replied to Heather's discussion Watershed direction
"Hi, still not working, what is the email to send the preset to? Thank you!"
Friday
Synthetik Software replied to Heather's discussion Watershed direction
"Hopefully attachment support will pop back in a few hours. You can email it directly to me if you can't get the attachment to work."
Friday
"I am going to try again. "
Friday
"I cannot upload anything...I thoutht this issue was resolved? Can I email the preset??"
Thursday

© 2019   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service