The other day I was thinking about all of the interesting signals that SA can apply to various parameters--random walks, spirals, etc, and wondering. One of the things I do when making abstract animations is to start with source material which are often still images, apply various processes including zooming, rotation, translating the x or y axes, etc. I typically drive these with some kind of signal, be it sine waves, or a random process, or whatever.

This got me to wondering if there are ways of doing this in SA, and if not, whether it might not be a nice thing. For instance, creating a process which rotates the canvas, but which is controlled by one of the many signal generators that already exists in SA (turbulence, gaussian, chaotic, etc). Ditto for things like zoom or axis translation.

All of things can be done elsewhere (in other programs), but I'd love to be able to do one stop shopping.

thanks,
Michael

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can use Temporal Generators to modulate MSG processors over time. So you could build a msg preset that rotates and have the rotation controlled by a TG that modulates the rotation parameter with procedural noise. To add a TG to a msg parameter, you select the parameter in the processor chain editor in msg evolver, then press command t to run the edit : add temporal generator menu command. The temporal generators will modulate when you use the msg preset in studio artist or msg evolver to build animation.

You could also keyframe interactive warp commands in a paint action sequence. that's a way you could modulate rotation, zooming, translation, etc.

we've talked about adding temporal generators into studio artist.

RSS

Latest Activity

Synthetik Software replied to Heather's discussion Watershed direction
"Ok, so your PASeq preset really just is using one paint action step. So when you go into the paint synthesizer, you can see that it's using path start regionization. The path start generator is the Watershed DM, and the Path type is Path Start…"
12 hours ago
Thor Johnson commented on Thor Johnson's photo
Thumbnail

Mr Pig

"Thank you Mark!"
19 hours ago
Synthetik Software replied to Yao Kuame's discussion Paint preset mixer
"Here's a link to a previous discussion here on the topic of using the paint preset mixer. Suggest you read that first, then feel free to ask here any question you may still have."
yesterday
Yao Kuame replied to Yao Kuame's discussion Paint preset mixer
"Hello please could you please help me out on the paint preset mixer, I know nothing about it and would appreciate if you could help me out. Thanks"
yesterday
Heather replied to Heather's discussion Watershed direction
"Hi, still not working, what is the email to send the preset to? Thank you!"
Friday
Synthetik Software replied to Heather's discussion Watershed direction
"Hopefully attachment support will pop back in a few hours. You can email it directly to me if you can't get the attachment to work."
Friday
"I am going to try again. "
Friday
"I cannot upload anything...I thoutht this issue was resolved? Can I email the preset??"
Thursday

© 2019   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service