When I open a new photo that is smaller than the canvas size, Studio Artist stretches (and distorts it) it so that it fits the canvas size. I have been able to work around this by either enlarging the photo to fit the canvas or by adding background in photoshop to fit the canvas size. Or, though I have not done this, possibly by changing the canvas size on a layer.
I have been wondering if it were possible to create an option so that one can import photos without having to be concerned about this issue.
Thanks,
Paul

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can run the 'New Source Image and Canvas' file menu and don't change the aspect ratio when you define the dimensions of the new canvas. Or you could run import image as new canvas. In both cases you are deleting your existing canvas and starting over.

If you just load a new source it's going to adjust to fit the current layer. So, if you want to use multiple source images that are different aspect ratios in one overall canvas, and maintaining the aspect ratio of each one is important to you, then you should associated the individual source images with individual layers, where each layer is sized to preserve the aspect ratio of its associated source image.

RSS

Latest Activity

Paul Perlow posted photos
21 hours ago
Thor Johnson posted a video

Dancing Alien

A character I made in ZBrush, animated in Blender, then processed in Studio Artist with MSGs I made, and in the first section a movie brush.
yesterday
David Buckle posted a photo
Thursday
mark g replied to mark g's discussion question about alpha selections when saving sessions
"Thanks, I will do that, I just thought I would ask in case I was missing something."
Wednesday
David Buckle posted a photo
Wednesday
Synthetik Software replied to mark g's discussion question about alpha selections when saving sessions
"I'll take a look at the session code for the future. I guess for now you could make an extra layer before you save your session file, and set it to the selection. then you would have it available when you open the session file in the extra…"
Wednesday
mark g replied to mark g's discussion question about alpha selections when saving sessions
"I have, but my problem lies in the fact that that I can see the selection I made in my original session, but the image is no longer there outside of the selection. Which means I can't change the selection..if I do make a new selection on the…"
Tuesday
Synthetik Software replied to Nora Laiken's discussion Where Are Favorites Stored?
"If studio artist is loading it into the preset browser then the category folder and associated preset files are on your computer. You could try searching in the finder for individual preset file names in it? You might also want to check your file…"
Tuesday

© 2019   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service