Algorithmic Composition and Permeable Boundaries

Studio Artist user Otto Laske has recently put together 2 very interesting pdf documents that discuss his approach to algorithmic composition for the creation of digital fine art. These include an Ebook on "Digital Esthetics", and a shorter pdf discussion called "Permeable Boundaries", which has some additional personal reflections on his approach to making digital fine art. I thought both of these documents would be of interest to some of our Studio Artist users, so i've made both of them available here for download.

Views: 481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great post, very interesting! I shall keep these PDF's for a while

Very nice! Thank you very much :)

Otto, your work is outstanding and thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Latest Activity

Paul Perlow posted a photo
8 hours ago
David Buckle posted a photo
17 hours ago
Victor Ingrassia replied to Simon Woods's discussion A question about Quicktime
"I love Apple ProRes codecs too. I used to religiously use Animation Codec... mostly because it looked so good and cause I liked the name. But as soon as my fps rates got higher and resolutions got larger than 720x480, things began to bog down. Once…"
Paul Perlow posted a photo
mark g posted a photo

Wacom tablet and SA watershed and oil paint, ...artrage 5 for final strokes
Simon Woods replied to Simon Woods's discussion A question about Quicktime
"Yes, the new codecs even appear in SA, so I made it default since it works so well "
Synthetik Software replied to Tony Bouttell's discussion Saving Work, Best Practices
"If the project is specific to a particular source image, you can make a project folder, and store the source, paseq or history sequence, and any additional things in the named folder. You can also save a text document with notes on the project if…"
Stonekeepers posted a photo

Old Soul

First photo manipulation in SA 5. Loving the new version.

© 2018   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service