Description on the Sundance channel: "Water imagery engages the experience of elasticity between varying states of mind." The artist bio says it another way that rings true for me: Leighton Pierce uses film, video, and sound to create experiences in transformative time. I saw this short film recently and it completely blew me away. And I kept thinking afterwards that parts of it reminded me of things that I've seen other people do in Studio Artist, or that I'm sure could be done with the MSG Evolver. The short hovers between abstraction, painterly effects, and what I imagine the astronaut saw in 2001 towards the end when he looked in the monolith and said My God, it's full of stars! I really want to just watch this over and over. I do think the big screen is necessary to experience it as transformative time. You can view it online at http://www.leightonpierce.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30 b.m. Here's some info on the artist: Leighton Pierce - Leighton Pierce uses film, video, and sound to create experiences in transformative time. His award-winning short films and videos have been exhibited in major art museums and film festivals throughout the world, including the Whitney Biennial and the Sundance Film Festival. Most recently, Pierce has been working with video installations that have been shown at the Exploratorium in San Francisco, Muse� d'art contemporaine in Montr�al, and Boudin College Art Museum. A major 13-channel, 5,500-square-foot video installation, Warm Occlusion, was presented in 2006 at the University of Iowa Museum of Art.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Cool video. I can imagine how it might be done with SA mirror transformations, but it does not look like SA to me.
This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Friday

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5