does SA accept the codecs that fcpro uses? 

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All my work is done in Apple ProRes 4444, I’ve use 422 (HQ) as well.

4444 is highly recommended if all the files are created digitally, and many festivals require ProRes 422 files, some accept 4444 as well.

Studio Artist will use any Quicktime codecs installed on your computer. So if the apple prores codecs are installed on your computer, then you can use them. If they aren't installed on your mac, it's worth hunting them down and installing them. If you run fcpro, then they should be installed.

thank you. something is wrong with my computer. compressor won't open at all. the tech wants to just wipe the computer clean. sa accepted fcpro files before. it's part of why i got it. 

This link might help you to re-instal the codecs you want.

i just bought fcp in the past couple of months. is re-installing the codecs recommended if things aren't working?

When did your computer start giving you problems?

You might want to run a disk utility check to make sure there isn't something damaged with the file system on the disk first.

Then you might want to try re-installing fcp. 

RSS

Latest Activity

leswag posted photos
22 hours ago
mark g posted a photo
22 hours ago
leswag posted photos
yesterday
leswag posted a status
"The need to learn..."
Friday
leswag updated their profile
Friday
mark g replied to mark g's discussion splatter effect
"Thankyou..thats fantastic"
Aug 14
Synthetik Software replied to mark g's discussion splatter effect
"Here are some V5 paint presets that show off different splatter effects. I've attached 2 categories as well as some Brush files they use that you might need if they aren't already inside your V5 Brush folder."
Aug 13
Jean Detheux replied to Karen Brown's discussion Video file format and size
"For a long time, I used the ProRes 422(HQ) option, it was the format I worked with in both SA and FCP and later FCP X,  but once I saw (on a movie theatre screen) the “same” movie in 422 (HQ) and in 4444, I was sold on ProRes…"
Aug 13

© 2017   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service