DualPaint transitions for video

Hello all,

I am trying to record a dualpaint effect in SA5 according to the video tutorial starting from an image in stream, etc. and using the mouse to give an acceleration effect from the image to a transition effect to use in a video.

Here's what I do and wish to realize:

in dual paint mode bringing in an image - preset: falling spheres - animations, kaleido spiro warp. The image is in the canvas > click with the mouse in the middle of the image  > image goes smaller to the middle to fade out and black background and sphere, then I click somewhere else on the black background and got another sphere and the previous sphere seems to be absorbed to the new one. 

According to the tutorial for Mac, I follow these steps but wish to record above exactly as is with the movements of the spheres. If I need to record this with a screensaver one would see the mouse on the canvas.... If I follow the SA5 tutorial can I record the movie to use as such in a Windows editing soft?

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks.

Alan 

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There is an option in the main preferences dialog that lets you show or hide the cursor during full screen display. So there are ways to use a screen capture program without seeing the cursor displayed if that's what you want to do.

If you are interested in using a movie stream output as opposed to just using a screen capture program, what screen write flag are you trying to use?

• Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Where do I have to look at the "main preferences" for that option? Can you inform of the steps for hiding the cursor/mouse? 

Regarding the movie stream output, I follow what is in the Mac tutorial but for a Windows 7 usage. 

The flag if I understand well your question: file>stream>flags>enable Write on op end (as in the tutorial, I think). 

I appreciate your further news.

Alan :-)

• Open the main preferences dialog. the General tab will be the one it come sup with. Right near the bottom is the Full Screen Cursor popup with normal and hide options available. Cmnd 0 is full screen shortcut key command, or look for the Show FullScreen menu in the main Windows menu.

2472688865?profile=original

• Hello again,

I see this in the preferences and the full screen cursor hided but in Windows 7 pro this seems not to work? Screen recording still shows the mouse in dualpaint effects?... 

Alan ;~(

• Hello again,

Rechecking the video tutorial on your website, in Mac the Quick Time player opens but not in Windows 7 and one need to add .mov to make it work (is not mentioned in the tutorial). Seems to work now with no trace of the mouse cursor in stream mode. The screen recorder mode does not seem to work here avoiding the cursor (mouse). Maybe using another screen recorder would help. 

Will test the two ways.

Thanks.

Alan 

• Yes, on windows you do have to add a .mov file extension to the name of the movie you want to output. We should modify the code so that it just adds it automatically if it's missing on windows.

It's not necessary on the mac, but windows depends on file extensions for other applications and the os to understand what a particular file type is.

I'll look into the full screen cursor hiding on windows. On a mac it works as you would expect, it does not display if you are in full screen mode and the cursor is inside of the canvas. It will display if you move the cursor outside of the canvas area (like the gray border or other palettes).

• Hello again,

Have you had the opportunity to check the screen cursor hiding on windows? I seem unable to find a screen recorder hiding the cursor/mouse and usable to be in control of the manual movements in dual mode paint, f.i. 

I appreciate your news.

Thanks.

Alan 

• It works for me on windows the same as it does on a mac.  Cursor is hidden in full screen display if i turn on that full screen preference setting and then switch to full screen display.

If you don't run the screen capture program, does it work (cursor hidden in full screen display mode), or not?

What specific preset are you trying to use when you have the problem?

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Friday

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5