Hi,

Please is it possible to import an EPS file from illustrator and still have it editable in SA?

Thanks

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

Please good evening, i've read the evolver user guide and there is this part that reads 
"Both Evolver and studio artist's texture synthesizer give you some additional spatially local control over the texture generation process through the use of spatially local parameter modulation.

Please i wanted to know  the parameters that control spatial local regions within the source image whether in paint synth, texture synth or the msg evolver processors/temporal generators and combine them to create my own paint preset.

Any of the turbulence generators can be spatially modulated. If you look in the Texture Synthesizer, you see a large number of modulator options for the editable parameters. There are also additional parameters for the source of the modulator. So you can modulate the visual properties of the generated turbulence in a spatially localized way. Using the contents of the source image, the existing canvas, etc.

The MSG turbulence generators are similar to the Texture Synthesizer. They are generating procedural texture fields that can be spatially modulated.

Here's a tip that discusses Temporal Generators and how you can use them to modulate parameters in a MSG preset.

Hi thanks,

Please what are turbulence generators?

The Texture Synthesizer generates a procedural turbulence texture field. The AdvTurb and GenTurb  MSG processor options generate turbulent texture fields. The procedural options in the paint synthesizer for background texture and procedural brush type do the same. As does the SimpleTexture ip op effect.

So they are all generating multi-octave fractal noise fields. Most of these effects offer 3D texture field options in addition to 2D. So then you can modulate depth in the z axis to add spatial structure based on a modulation source (like the source image but could be other things).

Hi John,

Please good evening and thanks for the post, really appreciate it.
Please i have attached a trial work where i run the msg evolver art mapper using database of images . I have indicated the effect that i want to achieve with red marks.
Please would want to know if its possible to achieve this same effect using the paint synth with the same set of image brushes.
Thanks.
Attachments:

Have you tried using your image folder as an image folder brush in Studio Artist's paint synthesizer with a tiling paint preset?

RSS

Latest Activity

Paul Perlow posted a photo
11 hours ago
Synthetik Software replied to Adrion T. Kelley's discussion Matching colors from Source Image to .png's from Mosaic Image Folder
"If you have very specific requirements for how you want the image folder brushes to be laid own in the canvas, and if the RGB Match brush indexing doesn't do the job you want, you could build selection masks and run multiple passes with the…"
13 hours ago
Synthetik Software replied to Adrion T. Kelley's discussion Matching colors from Source Image to .png's from Mosaic Image Folder
"So i'm confused about what you are trying to do.  The RGB Mapping frame modulator in Brush Source is going to choose the image that gives the least RGB error when matched to the source color where it is being placed down.  You have it…"
yesterday
"Well, if you look in the Brush Modulation control panel, you will see that you are using the source Image Orientation to modulate both the size and the orientation of the brush nibs. So if you set the Size Modulation to None, then there will be no…"
yesterday
David Buckle posted photos
yesterday
Jean Detheux posted a video

Variation 19 FB image sequence from Jean Detheux on Vimeo.

Variation 19 FB image sequence

Image sequence built with individual images pulled from the Variation 18 video posted on Facebook, the images are being used based on the viewers' reaction. More info here: https://vimeo.com/showcase/5641128 At first, the 32 videos will be posted…
yesterday
Jean Detheux posted a video

21. Var 20 from Jean Detheux on Vimeo.

21. Var 20

21 Variation 20 This is the 21st part of the Goldberg Variations, a music - images dialogue in 32 movements between Elisabetta Guglielmin (harpsichord) and Jean Detheux (images). At first, the 32 videos will be posted on Vimeo, one at a time (Aria…
Sunday
Adrion T. Kelley posted a discussion

Matching colors from Source Image to .png's from Mosaic Image Folder

Attached are:Exported Image = GirlWithClasses_Soda.jpgPaint Synthesizer Preset = Alpha_PNG_TSP_Untouched_Orient_Modulation_6Mosaic Image Folder = Stuff.zipI want to replace certain colors from my GirlWithGlasses.jpg source image with certain .png's from my Mosaic Image Folder:Source Image skin color = Yellow Fanta soda canSource Image hair color = Orange Fanta soda canSource Image clothing color = Purple Fanta soda canSource Image glasses and pupils = = Black Coke soda canSource Image lips =…See More
Sunday

© 2020   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service