Hi,

Please is it possible to import an EPS file from illustrator and still have it editable in SA?

Thanks

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

Please good evening, i've read the evolver user guide and there is this part that reads 
"Both Evolver and studio artist's texture synthesizer give you some additional spatially local control over the texture generation process through the use of spatially local parameter modulation.

Please i wanted to know  the parameters that control spatial local regions within the source image whether in paint synth, texture synth or the msg evolver processors/temporal generators and combine them to create my own paint preset.

Any of the turbulence generators can be spatially modulated. If you look in the Texture Synthesizer, you see a large number of modulator options for the editable parameters. There are also additional parameters for the source of the modulator. So you can modulate the visual properties of the generated turbulence in a spatially localized way. Using the contents of the source image, the existing canvas, etc.

The MSG turbulence generators are similar to the Texture Synthesizer. They are generating procedural texture fields that can be spatially modulated.

Here's a tip that discusses Temporal Generators and how you can use them to modulate parameters in a MSG preset.

Hi thanks,

Please what are turbulence generators?

The Texture Synthesizer generates a procedural turbulence texture field. The AdvTurb and GenTurb  MSG processor options generate turbulent texture fields. The procedural options in the paint synthesizer for background texture and procedural brush type do the same. As does the SimpleTexture ip op effect.

So they are all generating multi-octave fractal noise fields. Most of these effects offer 3D texture field options in addition to 2D. So then you can modulate depth in the z axis to add spatial structure based on a modulation source (like the source image but could be other things).

Hi John,

Please good evening and thanks for the post, really appreciate it.
Please i have attached a trial work where i run the msg evolver art mapper using database of images . I have indicated the effect that i want to achieve with red marks.
Please would want to know if its possible to achieve this same effect using the paint synth with the same set of image brushes.
Thanks.
Attachments:

Have you tried using your image folder as an image folder brush in Studio Artist's paint synthesizer with a tiling paint preset?

RSS

Latest Activity

Synthetik Software replied to Heather's discussion Watershed direction
"Ok, so your PASeq preset really just is using one paint action step. So when you go into the paint synthesizer, you can see that it's using path start regionization. The path start generator is the Watershed DM, and the Path type is Path Start…"
12 hours ago
Thor Johnson commented on Thor Johnson's photo
Thumbnail

Mr Pig

"Thank you Mark!"
19 hours ago
Synthetik Software replied to Yao Kuame's discussion Paint preset mixer
"Here's a link to a previous discussion here on the topic of using the paint preset mixer. Suggest you read that first, then feel free to ask here any question you may still have."
yesterday
Yao Kuame replied to Yao Kuame's discussion Paint preset mixer
"Hello please could you please help me out on the paint preset mixer, I know nothing about it and would appreciate if you could help me out. Thanks"
yesterday
Heather replied to Heather's discussion Watershed direction
"Hi, still not working, what is the email to send the preset to? Thank you!"
Friday
Synthetik Software replied to Heather's discussion Watershed direction
"Hopefully attachment support will pop back in a few hours. You can email it directly to me if you can't get the attachment to work."
Friday
"I am going to try again. "
Friday
"I cannot upload anything...I thoutht this issue was resolved? Can I email the preset??"
Thursday

© 2019   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service