How can I have pdf?

I want to generate a vector pdf from my current work, I used print and print Svg options with my adobe acrobat pdf driver, but it generates bitmap not vector, Do you know any way? Thank you

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ok, so i tried the following experiment. I used Action : Generate SVG : from Vectorizer menu command to output a test svg file from Studio Artist 5. I then opened that svg file in Safari browser. I then used the safari File : Export as PDF menu command. I then opened that exported pdf in Illustrator, and all of the vector paths were there.

• SA generates SVG very fast but other softwares open it slow, this is the problem.

• I think you are totally missing the point with this comment of yours. Studio Artist lets you create some of the most complex svg graphics files ever created. We really push the envelope with what you can do with the format. 

If you generate a few colored squares then those svgs are going to open very fast in the programs you are referring to. And if you generate something like a simple flat colored (no shading effects) vectorizer output without a large number of shapes it will also load quickly. The slow load problems occur when you create vector files with a large amount of visual complexity, like complex shading, lighting, cast shadow or fill effects.

Any program that opens the svg and keeps a database of all of the individual graphics commands inside of the svg file is going to take as long as it takes for the way that particular software was written to re-encode and store the svg data in their internal vector graphics format. My guess is that the kind of test cases the people who wrote those other programs you were referring to used for testing  svg files that were fairly simple, like simple sets of geometric shapes, or that linux penguin which is the classic svg test file.

2472689048?profile=original

Files like this are very simple. But my guess is that simple files like this were what people used as test cases when designing the 'slow load' programs you are referring to.

It's pretty easy to use the Studio Artist vectorizer to generate a very complex but awesome looking vector image that can be output in svg that will crash illustrator. But studio artist can re-open it fairly quickly without any issues. So there is nothing wrong with the svg file itself. And i'm not clear why it would be our fault that illustrator is unable to deal with that particular svg's complexity. Especially when you can read it in studio artist or other programs like safari.

i can give you a good guess why that problem occurs. Illustrator is designed to allow individual editing of all of the individual graphics components in the svg file. The internal database mechanics required to allow that individual editing take up significant memory resources within the program. Studio Artist is able to create so much vector complexity that the internal database that illustrator generates to read it in is just overwhelmed by all of that information, and ends up crashing. 

The other issue with this whole topic you bring up is that the svg vector file format is horribly designed (in my humble opinion). And when i say that i mean for the kinds of complex visually interesting vector files we output with it. It is hugely inefficient that way it is designed when it has to deal with complexity.

As an example, each individual gradient shape needs to be defined and encoded in one area of the svg file, and then is referenced in another totally different part of the vector file where it is actually drawn. A single vector paint path could have thousands of individual gradients in it that are identical, but svg requires all of them to be individually defined and then separately referenced when that shaded path is actually drawn. It's unbelievably inefficient on many different levels.

Of course the people who designed svg probably never even thought about creating these kinds of artistically shaded vector paint effects i am referring to. They were focused on things like colored rectangles and ellipses, simple single gradient fill shapes, or that penguin image i showed above.

This was discussed in more detail here in some previous thread probably 2 years ago. At the time we discussed modifying it or creating one of our own from scratch that could deal with the extremely complicated vector files studio artist can create. Of course a new vector file format would be of no use to you when working with other programs, unless they chose to support it.

So yes, i would agree that it's a drag that programs like illustrator or safari choke on complex visually interesting svg vector files created in studio artist. Feel free to bug them about it. I'd love to see more sophisticated standardized vector file formats created that allow for encoding the kinds of sophisticated vector artistic visual effects studio artist is capable of creating.

• There's one other thing i wanted to mention associated with this. When you are talking about a vector image with a huge amount of internal gradient shaded bezier path information information associated with each individual paint stroke or region, i don't think the concept of editing each individual piece of that complex vector paint stroke or region in some other program makes sense. I mean are you going to really attempt to manually edit thousands of individual vector gradient shapes associated with just a single paint stroke or region? It just doesn't make sense.

So if your goal is to output something in svg that you want to manually edit somewhere else, you should really turn off things like cast shadows, complex fill options, etc. Stick with flat colored regions or flat colored paint strokes. Those kinds of svg vector files will open fairly quickly in other programs, and are going to be way easier to work with if your goal is manual editing of the individual bezier paths.

Many of the V5 factory presets show off all of that fancy shading. But you can get into the Editor and start editing those presets, reducing the complexity if you want to create something that is more manageable for manual editing in some other program. Of course you are going to end up with something that looks more stereotypically traditional vector art looking (flat colors, etc), as opposed to the natural media vector effects studio artist is capable of achieving.

This reply was deleted.

On the closure of the User Forum : An open letter to John Dalton

Hi John I have no idea what you are going through. However the impact you have made not to continue with the user forum and your desire keep it as a permanent feature as promised in the past is a big shock. It also betrays the faith and love we have shown in you and Studio Artist.  Bluntly spoken, it sucks. That you have chosen to follow this direction in silence, allowing no compassion or understanding on our part is a betrayal of the deepest level. What is going on? This is not the John…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Paul Perlow 3 hours ago

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 22

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
7 Replies · Reply by Alf 3 hours ago