Ok, inquiring minds want to know. How many people actually use the List option for the Editor Display Mode preference?

As opposed to one of the Group Box options.

I never use it.  

It's currently not available in current test builds (for various reasons). Just trying to figure out if anyone cares or not.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• same here: never use it

• Nor do I, but I'm glad you asked the question because it's made go and have a good look at how many variables there are, I like Gallery show so seeing the way it can be controlled is stunning from my point of view, so, thank you for asking the question, I've just learned a whole bunch of stuff...

• No, never used this mode

• I've never used or even looked at the various options available. I always used the default - Group Box - slider. I thought hey why is that, so I tried out the others. I like the dial and slider one. I find it easier to grab the controls with the pen. I did notice something weird though. Using the default setting (group box - slider) I can enter values above 100 (with the keyboard). In the others I can't. For example I can enter a value of 400 in the displace amount field when I use the group box - slider but not when I use the other 2 options. Why is that?

• The sliders and dials have minimum and maximum values associated with them. Because otherwise they would not be able to work.  They have to be adjusting in some defined range, which is set for each control parameter in the Editor.

But some times it's nice to enter values outside of the range. So we try to allow that to happen.

Sounds like the dials are restricting to enforce the min-max range they have for the current parameter.

• So here's what I'm talking about. In the first screen shot (group box - slider) I've entered a value of 200 (manually) which over rides the max value selected by dragging the slider to the right hand limit. In the second screen shot (box slider1) I've attempted to over ride the 100 value by entering 200 manually. It defaults back to 100. I would expect it to have the same behavior as the default box slider otherwise why bother?

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 3.28.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 3.29.55 PM.png

• I was totally unaware of the List option and have not used it either.

• I never do.

~victor

• I'd never used it until I saw this post but when I tried it I like't ti very much because it increased the density of the UI which is very helpful for complex synths. One thing I noticed that the alternating background colors for the list (light blue and white) are inconsistent with the gray-white color scheme of the UI.

I can see it being useful in automating the application from something like sikuli, but I would not miss it if it is gone. Being able to enter values outside the default range is potentially very useful. I hope that makes it in the next release even if the list view is gone.

• Errr...it’s passed me by..

I now feel I ought to look closer

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 22

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5