Replies

• 5.01 is the latest Studio Artist 5 version. If you have 5.0 as opposed to 5.01, you can get 5.01 downloads in your personal myaccount at synthetik.com.

We're not aware of any win 10 issues. We use it here without any issues with SA V5. if you feel there is something we need to know about associated with win 10, you can start a tech support ticket and tell us what you are running into.

• Hello Synthetic Software,

I am very interested in your statement that "We're not aware of any Win 10 issues". My Studio Artist 4 did not survive my upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Apparently Quicktime did not survive the W8.1 to W10 update on my system. I am under the impression that Apple no longer supports Quicktime on Windows. I am also under the impression that there is a serious security issue with Quicktime on Windows. I was hoping that Studio Artist 5 would not require Quicktime by having its own coding for that function, but apparently that is not the case.

I own a non-functioning version of Studio Artist 4. I am on your email mailing list, and received the notification of Black Friday upgrade discounts via the email from Candice. I believe that 25% code SABF25 expires today, and so be that. I would be willing to pay the full upgrade price if Studio Artist 5 were functional on my system, although the Quicktime problems would be a concern.

I don't know of a competitive special effects video product on Windows systems, so there should be a significant market for Studio Artist on Windows. There should be financial motivation for removing the Quicktime dependency from Studio Artist. But I am currently curious about your statement that "We're not aware of any Win 10 issues". I seem to be painfully aware.

• Version 5 runs on windows without quicktime installed. You lose quicktime movie file read/write capability if it's not installed. But you can still work with tiff, jpeg, png, etc images.

You can install quicktime for windows on win 10 computers. We do it here, and we have many customers who do it as well. Don't install the browser plugins (this is off as the default setting in the installer), and don't download quicktime files from the web and then open them, and you should be fine.

• I just checked the downloads section of my account, 5.01 Isn't In the downloads scetion.

• Can you start a tech support incident for that. Then the appropriate person can check your myaccount and see what the issue is with it and then fix it for you.

• Thanks for the quick reply, I'll make a tech support incident right now.

• What is the current situation with Studio Artist 5.5 on Windows 10 and the Quicktime security issue (and the non-support of Quicktime by Apple)? Is Studio Artist 6.0 going to come anytime soon, with its own built-in equivalent substitution for Quicktime? What is the usability of Studio Artist 5.5 on Windows 10? How is the pending modification to Windows 10 expected to impact Studio Artist, if at all? I am very much attracted to Studio Artist, but somewhat put off by Apple treating Windows users as second class citizens.

• Studio Artist V5.5.5 doesn't use quicktime api.  Both the mac and windows builds of V5.5.5 are 64 bit only.  We're using a new cross platform 64 bit movie framework for movie file io.

This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson on Saturday

Studio Artist is in Italy!

I was crawling the streets of Matera, Italy today and may have discovered where SA is hiding!  (see attached photo). Not meaning to make light of this great, sad mystery. But I just couldn't resist as I try to make sense of what's happening. Losing my connection to SA, Synthetik and John has been a great sadness... and if real, ends a monumental era in my creative life. love,~Victor   

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Saturday

The Overload

"The Overload"! A video with music, from the various experiments I made in Studio Artist with stuff that I have learned in the last few days, from tips and tricks I found by scouring this site and the Synthetik site for tutorials etc. MSG! Paint Synth with MSG Path Generation! Movie Brushes with MSG Path Start Generation! Time Particles! Time Particles with MSG Path Start Generation running Movie Brushes! All that, and more! Haha I have been trying to stretch the Paint Synthesizer in the…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 31

Teenage Tongue Cult

Hi, here is the video I made back in 2010 for my song "Teenage Tongue Cult". I finally found my master folder of image sequence files for it on one of my old hard drives, and since the version I had on my Vimeo was of pretty terrible pixelated low quality visually, I re-did it yesterday. It has extensive use of Studio Artist through the whole thing. I made it by first animating the characters and scenes in Flash, against a mostly kind of muddy green background, a color I knew wasn't being used…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 30