Apparently there is an issue with the photo uploads to the user forum right now. We have a support ticket in to Ning about it. Hopefully they will resolve whatever the problem is soon.

Views: 282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What is the osx version you are running?

What is the file size of the image you are trying to upload?

What is the raster file format of the image you are trying to upload?

Is there an example image you can attach here that does not upload i can pass on to the Ning AI TechSupportbot so they can debug the problem?

Every image I try to upload does not work, and the message that is with it doesn't either. I have tried numerous times over the course of a week. I get the same message over and over. (See my previous comment in this thread for the error message). I cannot upload any images, when I do the message won't go through so I don't know how to get you screenshots. I can email them to you. 
I am on 10.12.6, the image(s) I have been trying to upload to attach to messages are tiny, on is a 45k png.

Did you try shutting down safari, rebooting the computer, then restarting safari? You could try chrome as well as a second browser test.

It's odd because uploading is working again for everyone else now as far as i can tell.

First thing to try would be to open it in preview and then save it as a jpg, then try to upload the jpg.

You can also email me one of the images, or start a support ticket at synthetik.com and attach the image there, and we can see if we can upload it here. i can pass it on to ning support if it doesn't work for us.

What is going on with fixing the issue I am having with the uploads?

Ha,ha. My best guess is that they have all been off for christmas / new year holidays and nothing has been done.

I'll check in with support later this week and see what the AI response bot has to say about it. They claim they know about the problem.  They also have your examples that i sent them to work with. So i assume at some point they will get around to fixing it.

Hi,

Ning's present solution for dealing with the problem is terrible. Can you see if they can really fix the problem as restore the way it used to work. Thanks

I looked at your photo upload page. Yes, just clipping the photo is a pretty bad fix. I agree they should just shrink the photo properly until it fits with it's original aspect ratio. I'll pass that back to tech support.

Ning has screwed up the sizing again. It was working fine and now has reverted. My vertical image now is a square and when you click on it the image is too large for the computer screen. Please contact them again. They seem inept.

It seems to be working again. the 2 images you posted today come out ok in your photos page overview.

RSS

Latest Activity

David Buckle posted photos
7 hours ago
Thor Johnson posted a video

Grease is the Word

Blender 2.8 "Grease Pencil" animation with Studio Artist MSG & music made in MetaSynth
7 hours ago
Thor Johnson updated their profile
14 hours ago
mark g posted a discussion

question about alpha selections when saving sessions

Hi,when I create a session consisting of multiple layers - with each layer created from a different source image. Each one of these layers is basically an alpha selection.During the session I can look at each individual layer and toggle between the full alpha associated with it and the selection associated with it. Which is good for making any changes to the selection.I then save the session. When I reload it later I go to each individual layer and all that is saved is the alpha selection of…See More
yesterday
Nora Laiken replied to Nora Laiken's discussion Where Are Favorites Stored?
"Sorry. When I reinstalled SA, I created a folder called "Utilities_New". That one shows up where you stated. But the other Favorites category, "NewFavorites0517", that mysteriously reappears as a category in Favorites…"
Friday
Synthetik Software replied to Nora Laiken's discussion Where Are Favorites Stored?
"The favorites category folders are stored inside of the Favorite folder 9which is stored insde of the Preset folder in your main Studio Artist folder. Here's a tip on working with Favorites. It explains where the Favorite folder is located…"
Friday
Paul Perlow posted a photo
Friday
Thor Johnson posted a photo

Somewhere in a Desert

ZBrush & Studio Artist
Friday

© 2019   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service