Last Call for Studio Artist Users Exhibition at Rocky Neck Art Colony Gloucester, MA

I have repeatedly invited studio artist users to make use of an opportunity to show their work in print, framed, at RNAC Gloucester, MA, in January of 2014. The response has been disappointing. I have especially looked at work by the following artists whom I invite again here to send to music-fineart@ottolaske.com 5 4x6 inch jpgs for selection for the show. These artists are: Marc Gould, David Dodd, John Dalton, "a73x15", Brunner, Stellitano, Perlow, Dent.

My perception is that I am trying to do something to publicize Studio Artist user's work, and I hope to receive some responses and jpgs soon. The work the artists named above do is worth showing since they initiate an art movement still quite unknown.

Otto

Curator

music-fineart@ottolaske.com

www.ottolaske.com

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks again for posting this invitation to exhibit Studio Artist work.

It's easy for people to forget about something like this, especially when the original forum posts get covered up on the main user forum page. And i'm sure many people are like myself, with the best of intentions, but caught up in the onslaught of daily life.

I'd encourage people to submit some artwork, especially since Otto has graciously offered to deal with the majority of the logistics associated with the event. And it would be fun to have an exhibit specifically focused on Studio Artist generated digital artwork.

Is that my name on the list, Otto ?

If yes, I'm OK with your invitation. Thanks. Tell me how to continue...

dear Bernard, please see the latest call I posted for specification of how to submit etc.

Submit to music-fineart@ottolaske.com

Thanks,

Otto

DONE!

thank you john for the remind

Here's some more specific information about what Otto is looking for submissions to the show:

1.     5 work samples (jpgs)  up to ½  mb each, 300 dpi, 4x6 inches (1800 x 1200 pixels), landscape or portrait

2.     Naming convention for files (using underscore): First_lastname_ number_title_size_in_inches.jpg, for example: Ann_Howard_2_Enchantment_18x24.jpg

3.     An artist statement indicating what you aim to achieve in your artistic work

4.     If existing, a link to animations on which your stills, directly or indirectly, are based.

I will be submitting.  Sorry, Otto for my delay!

~victor

Thanks for the invitation to submit. I will be submitting images shortly. Regards, Mark

RSS

Latest Activity

Danny Ceunen commented on Bernard Bunner's photo
Thumbnail

MSG Abstract7 / ArtCam

"nice work to lasercut in color acrylic"
14 hours ago
mark g commented on mark g's photo
Thumbnail

Leonardo's lost sketchbook. 4. Robby the robot

"actor..was in 'Titanic'...and painted a woman, which is apparenty famous....hangs in the LOUVRE..: )"
yesterday
Paul Perlow posted a photo
Tuesday
Synthetik Software replied to Adrion T. Kelley's discussion Matching colors from Source Image to .png's from Mosaic Image Folder
"If you have very specific requirements for how you want the image folder brushes to be laid own in the canvas, and if the RGB Match brush indexing doesn't do the job you want, you could build selection masks and run multiple passes with the…"
Tuesday
Synthetik Software replied to Adrion T. Kelley's discussion Matching colors from Source Image to .png's from Mosaic Image Folder
"So i'm confused about what you are trying to do.  The RGB Mapping frame modulator in Brush Source is going to choose the image that gives the least RGB error when matched to the source color where it is being placed down.  You have it…"
Monday
"Well, if you look in the Brush Modulation control panel, you will see that you are using the source Image Orientation to modulate both the size and the orientation of the brush nibs. So if you set the Size Modulation to None, then there will be no…"
Monday
David Buckle posted photos
Monday
Jean Detheux posted a video

Variation 19 FB image sequence from Jean Detheux on Vimeo.

Variation 19 FB image sequence

Image sequence built with individual images pulled from the Variation 18 video posted on Facebook, the images are being used based on the viewers' reaction. More info here: https://vimeo.com/showcase/5641128 At first, the 32 videos will be posted…
Monday

© 2020   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service