Attached are:

Exported Image = GirlWithClasses_Soda.jpg

Paint Synthesizer Preset = Alpha_PNG_TSP_Untouched_Orient_Modulation_6

Mosaic Image Folder = Stuff.zip

I want to replace certain colors from my GirlWithGlasses.jpg source image with certain .png's from my Mosaic Image Folder:

Source Image skin color = Yellow Fanta soda can

Source Image hair color = Orange Fanta soda can

Source Image clothing color = Purple Fanta soda can

Source Image glasses and pupils = = Black Coke soda can

Source Image lips = Red Coke soda can

Source Image whites of eyes = White Coke soda can

Source Image blue of eyes = Green Sprite soda can

What do I need to adjust in my Alpha_PNG_TSP_Untouched_Orient_Modulation_6 Paint Synthesizer preset?

Also why are there huge areas of tiny white coke cans in my GirlWithGlasses_Soda.jpg? What do I need to adjust to make the white coke cans bigger?

GirlWithGlasses_Soda.jpg

Alpha_PNG_TSP_Untouched_Orient_Modulation_6

Stuff.zip

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, if you look in the Brush Modulation control panel, you will see that you are using the source Image Orientation to modulate both the size and the orientation of the brush nibs.

So if you set the Size Modulation to None, then there will be no size modulation.

• So i'm confused about what you are trying to do.  The RGB Mapping frame modulator in Brush Source is going to choose the image that gives the least RGB error when matched to the source color where it is being placed down.  You have it setup with AlphaOn Only for the Map Opt, so it's only going to use colors when alpha is on.  It will calculate the mean of all of those colors, and use that as the match color for the image.

So is there a particular reason why you setup the Path Start the way you did?

It's interesting, but i was unclear if you did it on purpose, or not.

• If you have very specific requirements for how you want the image folder brushes to be laid out in the canvas, and if the RGB Match brush indexing doesn't do the job you want, you could build selection masks and run multiple passes with the different images as image brushes with masking turned on.

You could build the masks manually, or potentially automatically by using the appropriate program features.

This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13

Studio Artist is in Italy!

I was crawling the streets of Matera, Italy today and may have discovered where SA is hiding!  (see attached photo). Not meaning to make light of this great, sad mystery. But I just couldn't resist as I try to make sense of what's happening. Losing my connection to SA, Synthetik and John has been a great sadness... and if real, ends a monumental era in my creative life. love,~Victor   

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13

The Overload

"The Overload"! A video with music, from the various experiments I made in Studio Artist with stuff that I have learned in the last few days, from tips and tricks I found by scouring this site and the Synthetik site for tutorials etc. MSG! Paint Synth with MSG Path Generation! Movie Brushes with MSG Path Start Generation! Time Particles! Time Particles with MSG Path Start Generation running Movie Brushes! All that, and more! Haha I have been trying to stretch the Paint Synthesizer in the…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 31

Teenage Tongue Cult

Hi, here is the video I made back in 2010 for my song "Teenage Tongue Cult". I finally found my master folder of image sequence files for it on one of my old hard drives, and since the version I had on my Vimeo was of pretty terrible pixelated low quality visually, I re-did it yesterday. It has extensive use of Studio Artist through the whole thing. I made it by first animating the characters and scenes in Flash, against a mostly kind of muddy green background, a color I knew wasn't being used…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 30