Please how do i access the grid tiling movie brush preset in Studio Artist v4

Views: 803

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,
Please I'm working on a photo mosaic and I'm using 4,8,16,32 as my brush sizes but anytime I make the brush size 32 and click to apply, it goes off the grid (like the brush image does not align or follow the direction of already existing brush images.)
And please does one need to always change values in the H and V offset parameter(path application panel)to help align the brush image for each brush size I choose. I'm using the Gridscan Max brush path start generator. Thanks

If you want to post your tiling preset, i can take a look at it. Otherwise, it's hard to comment, since i don't know what other paint synthesizer settings you have turned on or off.

Thanks
Please I have attached some files to show the challenge that I was facing
Thanks.
Please I have attached some files to show the challenge that I was facing
Thanks
Attached files
Attachments:
Attached files
Attachments:

That paint preset has a grid tiling path start generator. But there's nothing setup for grid tiling if it's used for manual painting. And it seems like you are referring to manual painting with your what happens if i change the brush size comment?

You'd want the Spacing set to 200, and something like the Rect Tiling option for the Mode (path application control panel) if you want tiling to work for manual painting.

If you aren't talking about manual painting and i'm mis-interpreting what you are saying, let me know

Thanks for the reply,
From the "what happens if I change the brush size"file I attached, I've manually painted some brush image using 16,8,4,32 brush sizes respectively and with the 16,8 and 4 brush sizes it tiles correctly or sub-nests correctly but when I used a brush size of 32 the brush image does not tile or align to existing painted nibs.
I have set the spacing to 200 and have set the mode parameter in the path application panel to Rect. I dont know if I'm missing something.
Thanks.

You might need to use a 50% H and V Tile Offset so that the initial tile nibs at the edges are fully positioned within the canvas, as opposed to being positioned so that the individual nib is centered at the edge.

Please thanks for the reply.
Yes I set the H and V tile offset to 50% but still had the same problem using the 32 sized brush.
Thanks.
Attachments:

Are you talking about only manual painted tiles? Or manual painted tiles in relationship to previous auto-painted ones?

Here's a previous post that talks about sub-nesting, and includes paint synth parameter settings to generate it. Note that it's using a different path start generator for the auto-draw part.

Yes please, i'm talking about manual painted tiles only

RSS

Latest Activity

Paul Perlow commented on mark g's photo
Thumbnail

WHITECROW/

"So now I gotta buy an iphone?  Nice!"
16 hours ago
David Buckle posted photos
yesterday
Noah Stacey replied to Noah Stacey's discussion RENDER IMAGE SEQUENCE WITH ALPHA
"Yep, that was the key; just had to add Set Source Alpha to the sequence for each frame. Thanks so much for getting back to me! Cheers -N-"
Tuesday
Synthetik Software replied to Noah Stacey's discussion RENDER IMAGE SEQUENCE WITH ALPHA
"This observation may be related to the problem you are trying to solve. You mentioned that you used the Canvas : Alpha : Set to : Source Alpha menu command. That is a one time action that happens when you run the menu command, not some kind of…"
Tuesday
David Buckle posted a photo
Tuesday
Danny Ceunen posted a photo
Tuesday
Synthetik Software replied to Noah Stacey's discussion RENDER IMAGE SEQUENCE WITH ALPHA
"Here's a link to two tips on alpha channels, working with then and generating a movie with an embeded alpha chel in it. If the source alpha channel isn't updating to match the current frame when processing a movie with a PASeq, that would…"
Tuesday
Noah Stacey posted a discussion

RENDER IMAGE SEQUENCE WITH ALPHA

Hi, we're creating stylized cinematic sequences for AAA games here at Blackbird Interactive and we just bought a few licences of Studio Artist 5 to use in our pipeline, however we have hit a major snag that has stopped us in our tracks: We need to load videos with an alpha channel into Studio Artist 5, run a PAS on each frame, and export each frame into an image with an alpha channel.The closest I can get is to load up the video, and under Canvas / Alpha, turn on Paint Synth Alpha Enable,then…See More
Monday

© 2017   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service