movie brush too big

Hi. 

I created a movie brush follwing the method: action--- process with paint action sequence--- image to movie.

(It is a collection of 1000 .jpg converted to a .mov file.)

when I try to use it to create a

mosaic a message appears saying that the file is "too big to preload to it was switched

to disk draw internally"

I click OK . when I run the preset : paint synth classic----mosaic movie brush---smooth

cellular    the cells don´t draw the images from the big movie brush. just draw in plain color.

What Im doing wrong?

message.jpg

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• what your picture's dimension ?

• my mosaic is going to be 2048 x 2048 pixels.  

the .mov file is 150x 150 pixels.  1200 frames  each frame a picture of course

• I agree with John. It's normal. But if you said that the movie brush turn into cell with plain color, I guess it because your Brush Source or Brush Type Setting. It could be the procedure when you created the movie brush. Is it kind of aplha  channels movie brush ?

• 2472685041?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024it is not an alpha channels movie brush.

and when I load the movie brush I can not see the little thumbnail in th e bottom of studio artist. (with other movie brushes you can see the thumbnail) with mine appears black. any clue?

• John . any idea why my movie brush thumbnail is black ?

• Usually a black source image or brush thumbnail indicates that the alpha channel for the image or movie is set to full off. Or the image is full black.

• my movie file is not black. when I play it shows a fast slideshow of individual images.

how can I know if my movie file have an alpha channel set to full off?

• If you load it as a source movie in studio artist and it shows up black in the source preview, then it probably has an embedded alpha channel set to full off. You could erase the canvas to the source and look at the rgb contents in the canvas. Or erase the canvas to source alpha if you wanted to look at just the alpha channel.

You can also use Quicktime Player 7 app to look at how the video tracks in the movie are set up in the info dialogs.

What compression codec are you using?

• Movie brushes can potentially take up a huge amount of memory if pre-loaded into memory. So, if SA feels it will be too big, it automatically switches it to disk draw. So that's the message you saw. It's totally normal behavior.

• but when I apply the preset , the cells do not show the frames from the movie brush. just draw the cells in plain color. (solid color)

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Friday

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5