Hi John,

Please i'm using SA 4 and i would want to know how to manual draw enclosed shapes with sharp or straight edges. Thanks

Views: 235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi John,

Please wanted to know  if the MSG brush load options works with only MSG presets or there is as way to set it up to use image brush as well.

Again  with the example you described I tried it and it worked but observed one thing concerning the MSG presets. The effect from the preset oriented according to the contours of the source image. Please wanted to know if there are processors or modulators controlling the  behavior of the MSG preset when used in the paint synthesizer.

MSG Brush Load has nothing to do with the Brush Source. They are totally separate modules inside of the paint synthesizer.

So, you could certainly use an image or image folder or movie brush along with using the MSG Brush Load.

You can also use an image or image folder Background Texture.

There is a separate MSG Brush option for the Brush Source inside of the Brush Source control panel. So, if you wanted to generate the Brush Source using MSG directly you could do it that way. If you were doing that then you would not be using MSG Brush Load in most situations.

As far as modulating the MSG preset goes, it's a function of the individual processors used in it's processor chain, and what their capabilities are. So, what editable parameters they offer.

There's an Angle Mod option in the MSG Brush Load control panel. That will route to individual Angle parameters in MSG Processors if they offer them.

MSG processors can also have Temporal Generators (TG) attached to individual editable parameters. If they are turned on, then they also act as external modulators for those associated parameters.

Thanks for the response.

Please I tried using image folder brush together with the msg brush load options but got the same effect like the one you described above.

Frankly speaking, simulating edge details in my works (photo mosaic) is very difficult in that I'll have to introduce more shapes especially in along the edges in order to get desired results which at the end looks very very small and I'm on Windows too and don't have access to large canvas sizes. I want to really reduce the number of shapes for edge details but still getting the desired result. 

Also the pc chain, bus and the other tabs does not show in my msg advanced editor. Had a reply on this issue but still experiencing the same problem. 

Thanks

Attachments:

Regarding your MSG Advanced Editor display issue you mentioned:

On windows, it's possible for the entire contents of the MSG Advanced Editor to be pulled from view all the way to the right side of it's window. There will be a vertical splitter control on the right side of the window. Click the mouse there in the vertical splitter and drag it to the left. The contents of the MSG Advanced Editor will then pop into view. Setup the view the way you like, then quite and restart SA so that the changes are stored in the preference file.

This is a windows only issue.

Not sure what you mean by "same effect as above". If you want to attach the preset you are using i can take a look at it and comment further. hard to do that otherwise.

Again John i read about the post on how to simulate the art mapper effect in SA 4. It made mention of old image database which has been replaced with the movie file but how to currently work with the movie file together with the msg was not mentioned. I have attached a file (a work from Tsevis) and would be grateful if you could help me achieve the effect on the places I have marked.

Again would want to know if there's a tip or trick on how to make images behave the same way similar to msg preset when used in the paint synthesizer.

Thanks

Attachments:

Hi ,

Please could you explain what the source parameter under the MSG brush load option does.

Hi John,

Please could you explain what the source parameter under the MSG brush load option does. Read the User guide but it doesn't explain it in detail. A further explanation will do please.

Thanks

Source is an option in all of the Brush Load control panel types. It refers to what signal is used as the source into the associated brush load control panel processing. So for the msg brush load type, it's what source is used for input into the msg processor used in that brush load computation.

As far as the paint preset you are trying to use this in.

So, the paint preset is using a msg preset for the msg brush load that is generative only. By that i means it’s io chain is setup so that no input to the msg preset is used in it. Starts off with SetToValue processor to generate a flat colored bw image, which is used for input to next processor in the pchain list of the preset.

2nd processor in msg preset’s processor chain is GenAbsTurb. Uses flat single color bw image generated by SetToValue. It also has an Angle parameter. Now the Brush Load control panel of the paint syn the preset using it has an AngleMod set to path. So the path angle will modulate the Angle parameter each time the msg preset is used for an individual region. If you want no angle modulation, set Angle Mod in Brush Load control panel to None.

Source Brush is not used in the psint preset as an input to anything. Remember, pan mode - region fill as brush generates temporary brush source defined by the region shape created by region as brush mode. You have brush type set so that this only affect brush source alpha channel. But you don’t use the rgb channels of the brush source anywhere else as input of modulator.

Hope this helps explain. If i’m still missing your question, tell me specifically what aspect of the image or preset you are referring to, and what you want to know about it.

Please how can this be achieved with v5. Thanks.

Sorry i missed this question. What are you specifically referring to when you say 'this'? I'm not sure what question you are asking here.

Everything V4 does V5 does. V5 features are a superset of V4. So if you are asking how you do something in V4 in V5, exactly the same way.

If you were referring to the old ArtMapper, i just posted a detailed description of how to emulate it in V5.

RSS

Latest Activity

David Buckle posted a photo
1 hour ago
mark g posted photos
1 hour ago
mark g posted a photo
Sunday
David Buckle posted photos
Sunday
mark g posted a photo
Friday
mark g replied to Synthetik Software's discussion How to emulate the old MSG Evolver ArtMapper in SA V5. in the group MSG
"I have just seen this, it is really really useful!! thankyou ps. a problem occurs when I use the 64 bit vers on my macbook pro: if I minimise it from sceen to dock I am unable to open back on the screen even though it's still technically open,…"
Friday
David Buckle posted photos
Thursday
mark g posted a photo
Thursday

© 2019   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service