Replies

• Let John know. I confirm that build v4a4.71 consistently crashes when one tries to record a history or paseq that includes a dual paint using a WARP or MSG secondary. It records fine with a ImOP secondary.
    • I just sent an email.
  • Ron, i didn't get the email you were referring to?

But I'm assuming you are referring to problems with a manually drawn dual mode paint stroke recorded in a PASeq. I believe the issue you ran into is fixed now, so i'll send you a new build to download in a little bit that has the fix. Let it never be said Synthetik isn't responsive when a bug is reported.
    • Yes that is the problem.

No one could honestly say Synthetik isn't responsive.
      However, in my email, I said that since it is July 4th weekend:

"This is July 4th weekend so no need to reply until after the weekend is over."
      • How are the Macro Edits accessed and activated?

I found a list of macro edits under help tips but clicking on them doesn't seem to do anything.

The manual refers me to the edit menu but I have found no macro edit choice under the edit menu.
        • The old paint synthesizer macro edit menu functionality is accessible in the version 4 help browser by using the active links on the paint Synthesizer Macro Edit help page there. Active links are command links shaped like small black arrows. When you click the arrow the command gets executed. So in the screen shot below i'm clicking on the Reinitialize paint synthesizer macro edit command. After doing that the current paint synthesizer control settings are reinitialized, which leads to a simple hard edged solid color paint preset.

• Thanks for the info, John. I had found those links; but since their is no acknowledgment by SA that the command is effective I thought it wasn't working.

Any chance of giving the action button, micro edit commands and others commands more visible feedback, like the action button in 3.5? It would help to know visibly if/when the command is effective.

If I change paint presets is the macro edit command still effective or do I have to click it again?
            • I can see that their is some graying near the selected micro edit arrow, but it's hard to see if you are not looking for it.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson on Saturday

Studio Artist is in Italy!

I was crawling the streets of Matera, Italy today and may have discovered where SA is hiding!  (see attached photo). Not meaning to make light of this great, sad mystery. But I just couldn't resist as I try to make sense of what's happening. Losing my connection to SA, Synthetik and John has been a great sadness... and if real, ends a monumental era in my creative life. love,~Victor   

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Saturday

The Overload

"The Overload"! A video with music, from the various experiments I made in Studio Artist with stuff that I have learned in the last few days, from tips and tricks I found by scouring this site and the Synthetik site for tutorials etc. MSG! Paint Synth with MSG Path Generation! Movie Brushes with MSG Path Start Generation! Time Particles! Time Particles with MSG Path Start Generation running Movie Brushes! All that, and more! Haha I have been trying to stretch the Paint Synthesizer in the…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 31

Teenage Tongue Cult

Hi, here is the video I made back in 2010 for my song "Teenage Tongue Cult". I finally found my master folder of image sequence files for it on one of my old hard drives, and since the version I had on my Vimeo was of pretty terrible pixelated low quality visually, I re-did it yesterday. It has extensive use of Studio Artist through the whole thing. I made it by first animating the characters and scenes in Flash, against a mostly kind of muddy green background, a color I knew wasn't being used…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 30