Will there be a SA 6.0? I love 5/0, but look forward to any new additions.

Views: 650

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd love some feedback on how people are using the new V5 Gallery Show features. We'd like to expand it and also make it more accessible.

I love the Gallery Show feature, but here are some ideas that would certainly improve it for me.

I often struggle to define which set of presets it will cycle through and where to start in that list. While I can often figure out the former, I haven't figured out how to get good control on the latter. I tend to use the "Cycle +" option, but if/when you stop and then relaunch the process, it'll start off from where it left off (appears to be storing an index value) instead of cycling from the currently selected preset. i.e./e.g. "cycle +1 from where we are in the Current Collection". I can imagine that for some, this is a feature, but for me this has been frustrating. For example, there are many times where I just want to cycle through all the Factory PASeq, but if/when SA crashes, I am stuck having to proceed by manually selecting and switching between the various Collection to avoid starting the whole process all over again. So I'd love to have the option (or as the default) to "start from the currently selected preset".

Also, I'd like the option to "stop when you get to the end of the current collection" of presets. As a gallery show, I understand the interest in continuing to cycle through the presets indefinitely, but when using this functionality to generate a bank of images, and not randomizing settings along the way, it doesn't make sense to run unnecessarily and to create duplicates that have to be identified and deleted.

On a different front, while there are a lot of options to randomize the outputs, it isn't possible to have more granular control which would facilitate use for fine tuning the output. It would be nice to be able to use it to cycle through the options/ranges for particular settings, i.e. keep everything the same, except show how the image changes if SA cycled through the available options of a given setting, or ran from one extreme of its range to the other. 

Similarly, although I suspect that this is less feasible from an architectural perspective, it would be interesting to be able to cycle though a range of source sizes for a given image. i.e. "try this preset, or collection of presets, on a range of source sizes".

Thanks for the feedback. Very different approach to using Gallery Show than i do, which is kind of the point of asking questions like this.

So it seems like you are using Gallery Show more to work through specific sets of presets. As opposed to trying to create generate processes that build up over several Gallery Show cycles.

Cycle + through parameter settings is a really interesting idea. I need to think that one through. I can totally understand why you would want something like that.

We had originally wanted to build the Evolution Editor to have that kind of control over all operation modes, as opposed to just MSG.

Off the top of my head, you could use keyframe animation in the PASeq timeline to do the parameter setting cycle + overview. So setup the appropriate keyframes, and then use Action : Animate to get to where you want to go for previewing different settings.

RSS

Latest Activity

Alan posted photos
10 hours ago
David Buckle posted photos
Thursday
Victor Ingrassia posted a video

GH-1_SpokeElipseBloom1

experimenting with Image Operation: SKETCH MASS
Thursday
Synthetik Software replied to Synthetik Software's discussion How to emulate the old MSG Evolver ArtMapper in SA V5. in the group MSG
"Someone asked about the Source option in the Paint Brush Load control panel. The were referring to MSG brush load, but the image processing and lighting effect brush loads also have source options.  The Source refers to what is used as input…"
Wednesday
David Buckle posted a photo
Tuesday
Synthetik Software replied to ASARE CHRISTIAN's discussion REGION FILL AS BRUSH
"As far as the paint preset you are trying to use this in. So, the paint preset is using a msg preset for the msg brush load that is generative only. By that i means it’s io chain is setup so that no input to the msg preset is used in it.…"
May 19
Synthetik Software replied to ASARE CHRISTIAN's discussion REGION FILL AS BRUSH
"Source is an option in all of the Brush Load control panel types. It refers to what signal is used as the source into the associated brush load control panel processing. So for the msg brush load type, it's what source is used for input into…"
May 19
ASARE CHRISTIAN replied to ASARE CHRISTIAN's discussion REGION FILL AS BRUSH
"Hi John, Please could you explain what the source parameter under the MSG brush load option does."
May 19

© 2019   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service