Is it possible to create a slit scan camera technique through SA as a real time movie or through a sequence?  If so how?  The movie can be either real time or an imported movie.  Perhaps there is a way to create a 3d map of the motion in SA and use the map as the basis for adjustment.

Thanks for any thoughts. 

George

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

have you played around with the Temporal Im Ops yet? I believe these are the closest you are going to get to slit scan in SA. I really can't be of much more help than that as the settings for these operations are pretty specific to the source and the desired result.

There are all kinds of different ways to generate slit scan effects in Studio Artist.

You can use temporal image operation effects like the temporal scan tracker, temporal slit scan complete, or the temporal axis rotate complete. You can also use MSG to build slit scan effects (3CSlitScan processor). Or you could use the paint synthesizer and PASeq keyframing to build slit scan effects.

Here's an overview article on temporal image operation effects that discusses different kinds of slit scan effects.

Here's a more detailed tip on working with temporal ip op effects.

Here's a link to a series of Studio Artist effects blog articles on working with slit scan effects. These articles include processing movie files to generate various slit scan effects as well as building live slit scan effects using Studio Artist's video capture functionality in conjunction with the 3CSlitScan MSG processor.

RSS

Latest Activity

Paul Perlow posted photos
21 hours ago
Thor Johnson posted a video

Dancing Alien

A character I made in ZBrush, animated in Blender, then processed in Studio Artist with MSGs I made, and in the first section a movie brush.
yesterday
David Buckle posted a photo
Thursday
mark g replied to mark g's discussion question about alpha selections when saving sessions
"Thanks, I will do that, I just thought I would ask in case I was missing something."
Wednesday
David Buckle posted a photo
Wednesday
Synthetik Software replied to mark g's discussion question about alpha selections when saving sessions
"I'll take a look at the session code for the future. I guess for now you could make an extra layer before you save your session file, and set it to the selection. then you would have it available when you open the session file in the extra…"
Wednesday
mark g replied to mark g's discussion question about alpha selections when saving sessions
"I have, but my problem lies in the fact that that I can see the selection I made in my original session, but the image is no longer there outside of the selection. Which means I can't change the selection..if I do make a new selection on the…"
Tuesday
Synthetik Software replied to Nora Laiken's discussion Where Are Favorites Stored?
"If studio artist is loading it into the preset browser then the category folder and associated preset files are on your computer. You could try searching in the finder for individual preset file names in it? You might also want to check your file…"
Tuesday

© 2019   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service