Source Area Display Window Goes to Black When Pressing Stop

Hello everyone,  I'm a newbie using the Windows version of SA V5 and when I go to File: New Source & Canvas and select one of my movie clips I can see the movie being played back correctly in the Source Area when I hit the Play button, but when I press the Stop button, no matter what frame I'm on, the displayed image in the Source Area display screen turns completely black.  When I do the same thing using the provided sample movie clip "Dancing Girl", when I press Stop the Source Area shows the frame correctly.  All of the clips I am using including the Dancing Girl have a file extension type of MP4.  What am I doing wrong?  Also, is there an easy way to have the canvas automatically display the same image as the Source Area during playback of the source?  Thank you,  TC

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Could you please start a support ticket for this, and attach an example source movie file to the new support ticket that has the issue you mention. We'll take a look at it, run some tests, and get back to you regarding the issue you reported.

It could be something about the way the mp4 file was generated is not fully quicktime compliant. Or it could be a quicktime windows api bug we're unaware of that is being triggered by the mp4 movie file. Or it could be something associated with an embedded alpha channel in the movie file.

Hello,  I discovered what causes the problem. One video I took behaves normally in SA5 but the second one causes the problem.  The only difference is that I rotated the camera 90 degrees when I took the second one.  Both files play fine using another player (i.e., Windows Media Player).  I tried the support link you provided to upload both of the files for comparison purposes but received a system error stating there was  7MB upload limit.  At any rate, tomorrow I will take 2 more short sample videos and send them to you to check out.  Thanks, TC

Hello,  I opened a support ticket and submitted the 2 files.  Thank you.  TC

RSS

Latest Activity

Danny Ceunen commented on Bernard Bunner's photo
Thumbnail

Graffiti style

"Nice piece Bernard"
1 hour ago
Bernard Bunner posted a photo
yesterday
David Buckle posted a photo
yesterday
Danny Ceunen posted a photo
Sunday
mark g commented on mark g's photo
Thumbnail

WHITECROW/

"Not necessarily Paul..iPad ..android phone .. whatever..it’s good fun And thank you Francis"
Sunday
Jean Detheux posted a video

Fantasia nº 6 from Jean Detheux on Vimeo.

Fantasia nº 6

(English follows) Voici la cinquième des 12 fantaisies pour flûte seule composées par Georg Philipp Telemann, la Fantaisie en ré mineur (dolce-allegro-spirituoso)5 La flûtiste est Maria de Martini, une magnifique musicienne avec qui j’ai le…
Sunday
MAX posted photos
Saturday
Francis Stellitano commented on Danny Ceunen's photo
Thumbnail

Moving in the wind

"I like it."
Saturday

© 2017   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service