Hello everyone,  I'm a newbie using the Windows version of SA V5 and when I go to File: New Source & Canvas and select one of my movie clips I can see the movie being played back correctly in the Source Area when I hit the Play button, but when I press the Stop button, no matter what frame I'm on, the displayed image in the Source Area display screen turns completely black.  When I do the same thing using the provided sample movie clip "Dancing Girl", when I press Stop the Source Area shows the frame correctly.  All of the clips I am using including the Dancing Girl have a file extension type of MP4.  What am I doing wrong?  Also, is there an easy way to have the canvas automatically display the same image as the Source Area during playback of the source?  Thank you,  TC

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Could you please start a support ticket for this, and attach an example source movie file to the new support ticket that has the issue you mention. We'll take a look at it, run some tests, and get back to you regarding the issue you reported.

It could be something about the way the mp4 file was generated is not fully quicktime compliant. Or it could be a quicktime windows api bug we're unaware of that is being triggered by the mp4 movie file. Or it could be something associated with an embedded alpha channel in the movie file.

• Hello,  I discovered what causes the problem. One video I took behaves normally in SA5 but the second one causes the problem.  The only difference is that I rotated the camera 90 degrees when I took the second one.  Both files play fine using another player (i.e., Windows Media Player).  I tried the support link you provided to upload both of the files for comparison purposes but received a system error stating there was  7MB upload limit.  At any rate, tomorrow I will take 2 more short sample videos and send them to you to check out.  Thanks, TC

• Hello,  I opened a support ticket and submitted the 2 files.  Thank you.  TC

This reply was deleted.

On the closure of the User Forum : An open letter to John Dalton

Hi John I have no idea what you are going through. However the impact you have made not to continue with the user forum and your desire keep it as a permanent feature as promised in the past is a big shock. It also betrays the faith and love we have shown in you and Studio Artist.  Bluntly spoken, it sucks. That you have chosen to follow this direction in silence, allowing no compassion or understanding on our part is a betrayal of the deepest level. What is going on? This is not the John…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Paul Perlow 5 hours ago

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 22

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
7 Replies · Reply by Alf 5 hours ago