Tile Square

Hello everyone,

I'm back with SA 5.0...with so many question also :)
I just tried to make a mosaic with Basic Image Tile Preset. But when I tried to touch up the setting, nothing happen, Except when I change the source of folder image. 
And when I see the result, the tile become rectangle; not square. How can I change it ?

(You can see on my attached picture)

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• And this is happen when I use the landscape picture format (the rectangle square, turn to landscape)2472688365?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Yes, it's working exactly like you would expect a region fill as brush pen mode preset that is using path start regionization to work.

The new V5 get info option for paint presets is a good way to quickly understand how i paint preset is programmed.

2472687050?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

So it tells you right away that Path Start Regionization is on. And that the Pen Mode is Region Fill as Brush.

For more detail, you can check out all of the individual Editor control panels for the preset.

For more details, 

• There are a bunch of 'basic tile' named paint presets in V5. If you are using 'Basic Image Folder Tiling', note that it is a region fill as brush pen mode preset that is using the Rect Tile HV Split Regionize Generator option in the Path Start control panel. And a Path Start Regionize option for the Path Type in the Path Shape control panel. So, a typical path start regionization preset.

So, because of above, the individual images in the folder are mapped to the tiling positions and shapes created by the path start regionize generator. This has always been the case with path start regionize paint presets, V5 just has many, many more Generator options for regionizing than V4 did.

I think your conceptual problem is that because you saw the word 'tiling' in the preset name, you assumed it was going to work like a tiling paint preset that lays down tiles based on the shape of the Brush Source. But that is not the case when working with any region fill as brush pen mode preset. Region fill as brush pen mode means that the Brush Source is a temporary region created on the fly for each individual paint nib based on the path shape, not the normal paint process where a series of brush nibs is laid down one by one along the paint path.

Here's a tip that explains about path start regionization, in case you are confused.

• So, what should I change to get a box tile? 

Can I start things without going through a preset?

Since I used Studio Artist I did choose one preset and make a change.
      Because I do not know where to start if I have to create my own preset, without using the existing
      preset
      • Your a V4 user, right? So just load one of your V4 paint presets that do a basic grid tile that uses a 1 pixel path length and a normal pen mode that lays down a single brush nib. If that's what you want to do. All of your old V4 presets run in V5, same for older ones as well.

You can always start from scratch if you want to without using a paint preset. Drop into the Editor, shift press the init button at the bottom to reinitialize all of the control panels, then start editing. You don't have to re-initialize everything, but it's usually easier if you want to start from scratch.

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Friday

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5