Replies

• There are many different 'Watershed' named effects in Studio Artist, so i'm not sure which one you are asking about in this post. If you attach the preset you are using, i can take a look at it and comment further.

The Watershed ip op effects have a Propagate option, and you can use different settings available there to help control how the watershed effect propagates over the canvas.

• I cannot upload anything again...I thought this issue was resolved? Can I email it? I cannot attach, I get an error and then this page. I have tried on two different browsers.

3442372933?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I am going to try again. 

• Hopefully attachment support will pop back in a few hours.

You can email it directly to me if you can't get the attachment to work.

• Hi, still not working, what is the email to send the preset to? Thank you!

• Ok, so your PASeq preset really just is using one paint action step.

So when you go into the paint synthesizer, you can see that it's using path start regionization. The path start generator is the Watershed DM, and the Path type is Path Start Regionization.

So the paths generated to fill each region are defined by the Region Pattern Type in the path Shape control panel. Which is set to OutlineFill Hilbert right now. You could try some other options for the path type.

I tried using Hatch 1. Simple basic hatch pattern.

Now you will also notice that the Region Hatch Angle is set to Path Angle.

So if you go to the Path Angle control panel, you can see that you have the Path Angle set to Hue. So it's going to rotate the hatch angle based on the hue of the region. You want it to have an angle of 90 for each region if you want the hatches to be vertical, so change the Path Angle to Fixed and the Offset to 90.

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Friday

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5