Achieving this effect in SA

HI all!

I am wondering if somene can direct me in the right direction to achieve this tyrpe of effect?  (This is not my work and I do not own the copyright-just sharing this image as it is the closest I have found to the effects I am trying to achieve.)

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 12.27.35 PM.png  

I have tried working with some watersheds to get the layering/shadow depth effect but it's just not working as I would like. Does anyone have any tips i can explore to get this type of effect?
Thank you!

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would also incorporate some kind of self-modulated warp effect.

And recursive processing where you run the processing recursively in a loop multiple times.

I'll try to put together something to show off what i'm talking about, and post that here later.

• 10347586660?profile=RESIZE_930x

Made using a combination of Displacement and Smart Blur image ops. Are you accustomed to using Paint Action Sequences?

• i wish there was a way to attch files to these replies. I could show screenshots of the two Image Op setings panels if you'd like. Or contact me and I could email. victor@victrolux.xom

• A three step paseq. Here are the steps.

1. Erase canvas to source image
        2. Displacement (image operation) step (see screenshot below)
        3. Smart Blur (image operation) step (see screenshot below)

You load source image of your choice into source area. Vary the amount of displacement (top slider in each ImOp) and the # of repetitions (near the bortom of each panel) to experient with the look you want.

There are many ways to do this sort of thing. But this may be one way to start experimenting.

10347645496?profile=RESIZE_930x

10347649065?profile=RESIZE_930x

• this is absolutley perfect! Thank you Victor! I would gladly take this file since you offered, may I send an email-this be the correct one? victor@victrolux.xom

Thank you!

• oops.. typo on email.  here is the correct: victor@victrolux.com

get in touch there. and if you need to discuss more about this, I'd be happy to.

~victor

• Hi Heather. I have not heard from you via email... fyi... in case you have attempted to connect. ~victor

• HI Victor! thank you for reaching out! I had some family emergencies to tend to, but back in the real world again!

I will send you an email! thanks again!

• HI Victor, I sent you an email and got a bouce back-is this the correct one? victor@victrolux.com

• that is correct. though try this too: victoringrassia@mac.com

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Friday

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5