Achieving this effect in SA

HI all!

I am wondering if somene can direct me in the right direction to achieve this tyrpe of effect?  (This is not my work and I do not own the copyright-just sharing this image as it is the closest I have found to the effects I am trying to achieve.)

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 12.27.35 PM.png  

I have tried working with some watersheds to get the layering/shadow depth effect but it's just not working as I would like. Does anyone have any tips i can explore to get this type of effect?
Thank you!

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thanks! I just resent to this new email! 

• Thanks for chiming in Victor.

Heather, one fun thing to try is to use an effect like this in a recursive loop.

So you could build a PASeq that does this kind of thing, and then run it with the Animate button to see what happens when you recursively apply the effect over multiple frame times.  Since the effect is processing what is in the canvas each frame time, it recursively builds up over time.  You might want to adjust the size of the filters when you do this (probably make smaller), since the cumulative effect over multiple frames spreads things out.

If you want to start with a source image, you could erase to the source as the first actions tep in the PASeq, and then mute that action step in frame time 2, so it only runs for the first frame.

• I should point out that Victor's settings above are using the Repetition parameter to essentially self-animate within a single action step.  Repetition means the effect runs X times, whatever you specify (X) for the repetition value.

If you wanted to run effect A and effect B in a row, and then loop repeat that process, then you would either have to run Animate in the 2 action step A-B PASeq, or repeat the A-B steps in a longer PASeq A-B-A-B-A-B etc. 

There are a lot of different ways to approach it, and they all look somewhat different.  SO it's worth experimenting to get a handle on this stuff (recursive processing).

• yup. I was working under the asumption that Heather was wanting to create a still image.  So, even tho I suggested using a paseq, it was only intended to apply to a single frame. Tho it does make a nice video still if each frame is erased and repainted.

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Friday

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5