Alpha Chanel

10879224056?profile=RESIZE_710xHi,

My question is I've imported a movie with alpha chanel.Want to fillout just the image not whole background.But I can not find out.Could you please help me.

Thank you

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Let's say you have the mosaic you generated above and want to get rid of the parts that aren't in the source masked areas.  You can always set the selection to the source alpha,then invert the selection (so that the background and not the object is now selected), and then turn on masking and erase to white or whatever solid background color you want.

Prior to SA V5.5, the selection buffer was hijacked by the path start regionization code in the paint synthesizer.  The election buffer was set to the current region being filled as the individual regions were filled in.  You could use this to your advantage in the paint synthesizer, since any selection modulation would be based off of the individual region selection masks as the path start regionization rendered all of the individual regions.

However, the issue with this 'feature' is that it blew away the global selection masking.

In V5.5.5 you can turn this behavior on or off.

To do that, you use the Region Mask Opt in the Path Start control panel.  This parameter option is only going to show up in the Editor if you are using a Path Type where it is applicable.

'Use Global' option means that the global selection is not changed. So if you have it set to this option, then you could use selection masking as you ran the regionize effect to mask it.  So you could set the selection to the source alpha, then turn on masking, then run the path start regionization paint preset.  So this is another way to do it.  Or you can do it after the fact as i first described.

I'm assuming people know how to use the canvas : selection menus to do what i just described.  I can explain that in more detail if people are confused or don't know.

• Sorry but I am cofused.Because I just began to learn SA. Could you please put some screen shots?

Thank you.

• So i took one of the factory mosaic paint presets and loaded an image folder brush into it.

I also grabbed a source image that has an embedded alpha channel in it.

So if i just run the mosaic paint preset on the source image i get the following.

10879558494?profile=RESIZE_930x

The entire canvas is filed in with paint.

Now suppose i want to use the source image alpha channel as the selection mask.  I can set the selection to the source alpha by running the canvas menu command below.

10879559284?profile=RESIZE_400x

If i erase the canvas to white and then turn on masking *Mask checkbox in the main operation toolbar is turned on) then i see the selection as an overlay on the canvas.

10879560270?profile=RESIZE_930x

If i press Action to run the mosaic paint effect, the painting will be masked by the current selection (which we set to the source alpha).

10879560471?profile=RESIZE_930x

Note that i have the Region Mask Opt parameter in the Path Shape control panel set to 'Use Global'.  As i said in my first post in this thread, if i had it set to 'Each Region as Mask', then i would not have been able to mask the painting to the global selection.  Just something to be aware of when using  path start regionization paint effects like this one.

I could invert the selection based on the source alpha channel, turn on masking, and then erase to white if i wanted to take the first screenshot canvas that painted the entire canvas and erase all of the parts of the canvas that correspond to the source alpha being turned off to some default flat coloring.

To invert the current selection you use the following menu command.

10879562283?profile=RESIZE_400x

You can record any of the canvas: selection menu commands as action steps in a Paint Action Sequence.  So you could build up a PASeq preset that builds and uses selection masks in various ways as a part of the scripted PASeq effect.

• Firs I've tryed to load Avi movie with alpha chanell.Did not work.Than I made PING sequence.It has worked perfectly. Thank you very very much.

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Friday

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5