Replies

• Just to be clear about what you are asking for.

Do you just want to create a flat colored region representation of an image?  There are a lot of ways to do that in Studio Artist.

Do you want the individual colored regions to also have a thin black outline?  You can do that do several different ways.

Or do you want to create black outlines only on a white backing?  You can do that as well.

Suggest you check out the Color Simplify and Mondo Simplify image operation effects.

You could also take a look at the Vectorizer effects.

Using path start regionization in the paint synthesizer would be another approach.

I can run you through a specific example or 2 once i fully understand what you are trying to do.  Definitely check out the 2 IpOp effects i mentioned, since they do flat color region effects from a source image, and can also be embedded in the paint synth if you want to do that.

I guess my other question is if you want the output to be a raster image, or a svg file?  Both approaches are possible with Studio Artist.

• Thanks for your reply.

To answer your questions:

The effect I'm trying ot achieve is that of a "finished" paint-by-number painting, beginning with a jpeg file. Is this what you mean by flat-colored representation? If so, then yes.

I don't need any outlines, either on the colored areas, or as a line image, at least at this point.

With regard to file output: Ultimately, I'd like to convert the image to a .tif, (for printing) so whichever would be most expedient for that process.

Thanks again for your help.

• So something like this?

10669856660?profile=RESIZE_930x

or like this?

10669857294?profile=RESIZE_930x

There is a Flat and Cartoon EFX image operation effect category in the factory presets you could take a look at.

10669859061?profile=RESIZE_400x

All of those are editable, so you could start with. one of those factory presets and then adjust it to get it the way you like.

Of use other ones to process your source image first to better bring out the features (or reduce other features) in the cartoony effect.

If you want more stylized flat color effects you could use the Vectorizer.

10669860064?profile=RESIZE_930x

Again, you can switch to the Editor for any of those factory vectorizer preset effects to modify and customize them.

• Oh, cool- this looks like a good beginning to achieve what I'm looking for.

I'll try playing around with it and see what I come up with. If I run into an issue I can't solve I'll reply here.

Thank you so much for your quick response and helpful suggestions!

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Friday

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5