Brown Wrapping Paper

Can tell me if its possible to create the look of the brown wrapping paper with the wrinkled edges as in Mark's latest piece in SA? Mark scanned the paper in his piece.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• if this helps

OLD PAPER.jpg.zip

• Great, Mark. Thanks
  • yes it is possible and not that difficult.

as usual several different paths to the result in SA:

texture syth, displacements, warps with layers and gradient lighting displacements.

the difficult part would be the edge work. But an eraser and a bit multiply blending should do it.

Paul you are a master of texture. just start with your canvas near your desired color...(fixed color imop)

There are also tens of thousands of free textures down loadable from the web.

• made 100% in SA no source image .. just imops and text synth  and a little paint splatter on a solid source color.

• Michael. I am impressed. If I can master this, it will expand my possibilities. Thanks

• Paul with your eye for texture I suspect that you will make the above look like child's play. A while back I posted a PASeq that took the texture of layer one and applied it to the image of layer 2. Dig that out and it will make your journey easier.

• Could you post the PASeq you used to make above?

• I will try to cook one up. I did not record a PASeq for this. I just did hand adjustments with imops the texture synth, adjusts and the paint synth (eraser and splatter), until I was happy.

• attached is a PASeq with all the tricks it in. You will want to have 2 layers active and a source image for this one. I really am offering it for anyone interested to see the process. The real idea is to pull the process apart and make it your own. Just using this PASeq will end up with boring results pretty quickly.

oldpapermaker.zip

• Thanks!

I noticed that this PASeq preset does not have layer Playback turned on. So i'm assuming you would want to turn that on. Otherwise it will just playback in whatever is your current layer, as opposed to using the layer information recorded in the individual action steps.

This parameter is saved in a PASeq preset, so you could make the change and then option click the current preset icon and then say yes to overwrite the old preset file with the editing change.

Just a reminder to everyone, if you are using a PASeq that uses multiple layers, you do need to make sure you have the correct number of layers available in the canvas before you run the PASeq. So since this uses 2 layers, you would need to make a new layer if you only had one layer before you used it.  

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 22

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5