Emulating the MSG Evolver Art Map function question

So I have searched on here for posts related to emulating the old MSG Evolver Art Map function with a movie brush, but it seems like all the links to the "tips" about it are broken.  I have some old brushes that work, the movies they are using have 5 separate "sections" (different movies edited into one movie) of 200 frames for each "section", for a total of 1000 frames in the movie that the brush is using.  My question is, I seem to remember something about "# of indexes", but I can't find it.  In the brush source panel, if you are using 2D indexing, with the first being RGB mapping, there is slider for "MB 2D A Dimension", should I set that to 5 (5 x 200 = 1000).  What if I have a movie with 5000 frames with 10 "sections"?  Thank you, all the old links seem to be dead.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• As promised, i added a new feature to the next version so you can just drop a bunch of movie files in an image brush folder and then have them self animate in a PASeq animation without getting into the whole 2D indexing thing we've been running through in this post.  Example on my art blog here.

Movie Mosaic Experiment 4
              As promised, i added a new feature to pre_V6 so that you can work with free running movies by just dropping them in a folder and using the...
        • I fixed the bug issues associated with RGB mapping in 2D movie brush indexing i mentioned yesterday. I posted an example made in pre_V6 with those changes here on my art blog. It's very similar to the movie mosaic i posted here yesterday, but it's now setup to work the way you would want it to work. Using RGB mapping across the B axis of modulation to index into a specific sub movie segment, and then using animation frame indexing to modulate along the A axis.

Movie Mosaic Experiment 3
            I reworked a few ass-backwards bug issues in the 2D index modulation for movie brushes that apparently fell through the cracks in V5.5 tes...
          • Awesome, thank you John!  I was on vacation and didn't see your recent posts until just now.

This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13

Studio Artist is in Italy!

I was crawling the streets of Matera, Italy today and may have discovered where SA is hiding!  (see attached photo). Not meaning to make light of this great, sad mystery. But I just couldn't resist as I try to make sense of what's happening. Losing my connection to SA, Synthetik and John has been a great sadness... and if real, ends a monumental era in my creative life. love,~Victor   

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13