Replies

• Answer is no. You can export and import our bezier file format, but not eps.

• OK thanks very much

• Hi John,

Please good morning, I have been able to install everything and all is working well. Thanks to you once again. I have attached a screenshot of its interface. 
      Tried the Artmapper effect and it worked out well too, but wanted to know how i could make the poster images subnest so i could get detailed results.
      Thanks.
      Chris.
      • If you reduce the tile size, you can make the tiles smaller. So you could do multiple passes at different sub-nested sizes.

You aren't going to be able to do adaptive sub-nesting or straight rectangular tiles. You'd have to manually mask appropriate reduced size passes to build up the image. There are Harr block options (as opposed to rectangular tiles) that do intelligent adaptive tiling.

• Hi
          Thanks for the reply, Please i'm using 3.5 version of SA and would want to know how i can manually mask appropriate reduced size passes to build up the image. I have attached a work of tsevis that shows what i want to do.

• You can use the paint synth to tile paint a mask with the appropriate tile sizes. You can use the onion skin view option if needed to see the source image while you are doing this. Then load that canvas into the current region selection, and turn on masking.

You can use the Fixed Image ip op to route one layer into another. If masking is turned on, then that operation will be masked.

• Hi,

Please how can I route the art mapper in the paint synthesizer, because I want the brushes to be painted Like the art mapper effect I get when I run artmap source in the evolver application.

• There is no way to load a MSG Evolver artmapper effect into the paint synthesizer. You can load a MSG preset generated in Evolver into the paint synthesizer. But while the artmapper may be using MSG presets as sub elements in the art mapping process, the actual artmapping process is a totally separate thing. It expands on my old ArtMapper program that i used for personal artwork. That really old code was extended in the Evolver Artmapper section.

You can duplicate many of the ArtMapper effects in Studio Artist using the paint synthesizer. 

Here's an old tip on simulating the Artmapper in Studio Artist 4. Studio Artist 5 has many more path start regionization options you can explore. Also, the Brush Load features are extended in V5. Additional algorithm options plus MSG Brush Load has a separate algorithm option. Makes it easy to colorize MSG presets being used in the the paint synthesizer via MSG Brush Load.

• Again I don't know if there are specific colorization options within the paint synthesizer that could help achieve the art mapper effect. I have seen this effect in many of Charis Tsevis works. I have been experimenting but to no avail.

• If you want to duplicate charis's mosaic styles, you should read the links in this tutorial. Especially this post on sub-nested tiling.

All of the Harr regionization options in Evolver are spatially adaptive. But they aren't geometrically interleaved or what i typically call sub-nested tiling. They create the kind of regionization effects seen in the Adaptive Block Regionization path start options in Studio Artist. As you up the number of generated regions, you get a better representation of the source image features. So they are spatially adaptive, the size and position of the regions adapt to best represent the source image.

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 22

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5