fill in the blanks

Hi John,

I've been trying for a long time but couldn't find the solution. I don't want any spaces between the circles. I want each region to be filled with a circle. How can I do it?

I used close pack circle regionize.

Thank you!

10878252662?profile=RESIZE_710x10878252474?profile=RESIZE_584x

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Ufuk, yes. Perhaps John can explain me how to post them. I'll mail you.

• You should be able to upload preset files in forum post comments now. Use the File button in the comment editor toolbar.  Bernard, post your close pack presets here just to confirm that upload feature is working for everyone again.

As far as Groups go, any member should be able to join a group?  Unless it is restricted membership like the beta test group.  Is that not the case for normal members?

• All done with vectorizer

10878965059?profile=RESIZE_930x

• 10878976859?profile=RESIZE_930x

• vecto, filled with cross lines

10878983262?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Here you'll find the "bubble" presets

Bernard Presets
    Here you'll find presets that interest some of you. Orientsketch1 was used for dancer picture - MSG preset Orientsketch1.zip
  • I added a few features to the next version of Studio Artist to help out when trying to do this kind of effect.

The example below is taking a vectorizer preset very similar to what Bernard posted here and embedding it into the paint synthesizer. I'm using a new 'region fill as brush' pen mode feature that lets you directly use the vector paint nibs for the individual regions in 'region fill as brush' pen mode.  The way it works in V5.5.5 it always uses the complete region path for the fill.  If you turn on the new option you can override that and fill with the computation vector nib if the Vector Stroke Type is nib based.

10879521077?profile=RESIZE_930x

You can boost the rim size for the vector fill if you need to make the individual shape a little bit bigger to avoid gaps in the packing.

If you are using the close pack path start regionize options in V5.5.5 there are some internal hard limits on the number of path starts associated with those generators that i had previously boosted up in the next version code base. So that is a part of the reason why you can't get a really super packed close pack fill pattern in the paint synthesizer in V5.5.5, it is limiting the number of path starts to a value less than you would really like if you want a super dense coverage.

I'll also look into adding some additional features for this kind of thing.  I had been playing around with it a few weeks ago with the intention of building stochastic screening effects off of the close pack path start generator, and ran into some of the V5.5.5 limitations then.

• Hi John.  When will you release the new version?

I am waiting for a very long time after running the action command and I don't know when it finishes. And as a suggestion, can you add a status bar or a sound alert when the work is finished in the new version?

Thank you

• I thought through the close pack issues a little bit, and realized that you can get a much tighter brush shape by using a MSG Live source brush.  Here's a simple example below.

10880353464?profile=RESIZE_930x

This is using the paint synthesizer for the close packing.  And i'm using region fill as brush' pen mode, but configuring the paint preset more like you would build an image or image folder mosaic, where the raster source brush nib is resized to the size of the region.  As opposed to generating the region fill nib based on a region generated by the path.  So the Brush Option in the Region Fill as Brush control panel is set to Alpha Only like you would when doing an image folder mosaic preset.

So this is a raster paint preset, but the actual brush nib is generated on the fly for each region, and i setup a MSG preset i'm using the the MSG Live source brush to draw a simple circular vector shape.  So the paint nib blit is raster, but the actual brush shape being drawn for it is anti-aliased vector.

You can use the regular computational source brush for this if you want to (as shown below).

10880356855?profile=RESIZE_930x

The white circles directly above are path start positions that aren't drawing but were generated and used by the close pack algorithm, for computing the packing.  This issue is associated with a weird bug in V5.5 we fixed in pre_V6 awhile ago.  The first one at the top was generated in pre_V6 and doesn't have that bug issue.  So maybe the drop out bug is what was tripping you up, since the packing density you get otherwise seems tight.

I'm using 'region fill as brush' pen mode.

10880357860?profile=RESIZE_400x

The Brush Type is set to the normal Source Brush option.

This reply was deleted.

On the closure of the User Forum : An open letter to John Dalton

Hi John I have no idea what you are going through. However the impact you have made not to continue with the user forum and your desire keep it as a permanent feature as promised in the past is a big shock. It also betrays the faith and love we have shown in you and Studio Artist.  Bluntly spoken, it sucks. That you have chosen to follow this direction in silence, allowing no compassion or understanding on our part is a betrayal of the deepest level. What is going on? This is not the John…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Ben Balser 2 minutes ago

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 22

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
7 Replies · Reply by Alf 7 hours ago