Replies

• I am sure there are quite a few factory presets available with SA that could start you on the way to making images like that.

I am attaching a Paint Synthesizer preset that might be a good starting point for experimenting: cd_dottoss01.zip

I used the auto button to run the action.

This will generate nice color dots (colors from a source file) that (mostly) don't overlap and are various sizes. I generated the attached (screengrab) image on a 3222x3222px canvas. You can edit this preset in the Paint Synthesizer for variation. The dots reference the fish source image (also attached)3819801778?profile=RESIZE_710x

3819795954?profile=RESIZE_710x

I am sure there are better options for generating the kind of dot cluster you are going for - I just happened to like working in the Paint Synthesizer.

Luck!

cd_dottoss01.zip

• Like Craig said, there are a lot of different ways you could build something like this. Here's one simple paint synthesizer approach.

So i'm using smooth random path start generator, a path length of 1, vector sphere painting, and i configured Path End to stop if the point is non white.

3819828529?profile=RESIZE_710x

I then edited the Brush Modulation control panel to add some random brush size modulation. I also set the min-max range for that modulation to be a range less then the max brush size (to provide some space between each paint nib).

3819831083?profile=RESIZE_710x

The 2 paint synthesizer preset files i used for this simple example are attached below.

You could also use MSG or the Vectorizer to create various close pack sphere abstract images. I'll try to post some examples of these alternative approaches here tomorrow.

closepack1

closepack2

• Thank you for your helpfull answers. Your answers so close what I need - Especially closepack2.

I did some editing on it and get colser dot.

Is it possible touches dots each other and minimum whites between them without overlapping?

• If you goto the Brush Modulation control panel, you can set the min and max brush sizes the modulation is generated within. So set Max Size to 100% if you want them to touch.

This reply was deleted.

On the closure of the User Forum : An open letter to John Dalton

Hi John I have no idea what you are going through. However the impact you have made not to continue with the user forum and your desire keep it as a permanent feature as promised in the past is a big shock. It also betrays the faith and love we have shown in you and Studio Artist.  Bluntly spoken, it sucks. That you have chosen to follow this direction in silence, allowing no compassion or understanding on our part is a betrayal of the deepest level. What is going on? This is not the John…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Paul Perlow 3 hours ago

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 22

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
7 Replies · Reply by Alf 3 hours ago