keyframe vectorizer

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to use the vectorizer for video in such a way that does not result in a jumpy / flashing image. I am using version 4... using 'image' as the main generation technique, with 'color simplify' as the generator.

By selecting the keyframe setting in the movie options, i am able to minimalize the amount of jumping around that the vector shapes are doing (im still learning, so im not sure if i can select what aspects of the image are actually being keyframed).

But my main issue is the extreme changes in color from frame to frame which are making the video very flashy.

Apologies for the newby framing of my question, and thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Extreme changes with the vectorizer are a bit unusual. Check the drawing panel to see if there is some randomization occurring. Beyond that there are plenty of posts in the form on reducing "flicker" in movies scan through these for tips that may help even if unrelated to the vectorizer.

• thanks a lot 'flicker' was the terminology i was missing in my searches!! much appreciated

• I use the terminology 'temporal continuity' a lot in my replies on this subject here or in blog posts about this kind of thing. So that would be another thing to search for. 

Here's a link that provides an entry point into a lot of different online tutorials we have that discuss strategies for building PASeqs for movie processing.

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you could also try some of the other generation techniques for the vectorizer image technique. Maybe Color Quantize would work better for your footage? Or maybe you could build a custom source palette using just a few key colors from your source frame and use the Color palette generator. 

This reply was deleted.

On the closure of the User Forum : An open letter to John Dalton

Hi John I have no idea what you are going through. However the impact you have made not to continue with the user forum and your desire keep it as a permanent feature as promised in the past is a big shock. It also betrays the faith and love we have shown in you and Studio Artist.  Bluntly spoken, it sucks. That you have chosen to follow this direction in silence, allowing no compassion or understanding on our part is a betrayal of the deepest level. What is going on? This is not the John…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Paul Perlow 3 hours ago

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 22

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
7 Replies · Reply by Alf 3 hours ago