Replies

• If you option click (alt click on windows) a processor in the MSG processor chain editor, you can copy paste the processor and all of it's settings.

You can also use the same key as a hot key to copy drag in the list.

Does this cover what you are looking for, or?

• yes, thank you
      How Can I rotate in random MSG generation each time?

(For Future) Is there any key for Draw text with some parameters(Font/Size/Wordwrap/Read File...) in MSG?

• MSG doesn't directly work with text.  You could use it to process a rendered image of text, just like you could use it to process any image.

We may add some text features in the future, or not. I'm assuming you are voting that we add some MSG text features?

• 1-I want to generate mosaic cells with MSG Live Brush and need to generate random MSG for each cells (I dont want manual mode).
          2-I like4 to have some text in my mosaic in MSG, You are expert but maybe It will good If I could put my text from a file in the cells, of course in V6 maybe SA will has a script language for these, but MSG are so fast.
          3-Can I export MSG to vector files?

• #1 - you can do this with the generative Paint Transform option make MSG Brush Load in gallery show.  Set the gallery show MSG cache location to the folder of msg presets you want to work off of (or ignore that and the entire factory set is used).

#2 -  You could try experimenting with a text background texture in the paint synthesizer to introduce the text part of this whole thing.

#3 -  Paths : Generate Paths : from MSG (experimental) menu command will try to generate vector bezier paths from the current MSG preset.  Like it says, it is experimental, and you would want to be very careful about how you built that MSG preset.  You should try experimenting with that first.

From there you have different options to get to the svg vector file output you want.

• #3:: I am testing windows V5.3 , Paths : Generate Paths : from MSG (experimental) menu  Does not Do any function?

• Like i said, it is only going to work with very carefully built MSG presets that actually generate internal bezier paths in a form that will flow through.  If ii have some time later today, i'll put together an example showing off how to use it.

We should probably setup the path menu so it disables if the current MSG preset does not support it, so making it work like the paths from IpOp menu, which does do that to aid the user in not being confused when trying to use it.

• The r hotkey lets you interactively rotate MSG presets.  This basically just maps your mouse or pen movement to the appropriate internal Angle parameters in the MSG processors that support rotation.  So you hold down the modifier key (r in this case), then mouse down in the MSG preview and move the cursor to adjust the rotation, then release.

You could of course just goto the appropriate Angle parameters and manually adjust them.  R modifier is a nice short cut because you can then adjust multiple ones simultaneously with the interactive cursor movement with the modifier key down.

You could also use TG modulation to tie the Angle parameters to something specific, like pen tilt orientation or pen spatial positioning.

This reply was deleted.

On the closure of the User Forum : An open letter to John Dalton

Hi John I have no idea what you are going through. However the impact you have made not to continue with the user forum and your desire keep it as a permanent feature as promised in the past is a big shock. It also betrays the faith and love we have shown in you and Studio Artist.  Bluntly spoken, it sucks. That you have chosen to follow this direction in silence, allowing no compassion or understanding on our part is a betrayal of the deepest level. What is going on? This is not the John…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Paul Perlow 4 hours ago

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 22

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
7 Replies · Reply by Alf 4 hours ago