Replies

• If you want to combine different operation mode effects in a sequence to create a more complicated overall artistic effect, that is what Paint Action Sequences are for. Record all of your actions in a PASeq, then save it as a PASeq preset.

If your goal is to combine paint and some other op mode working together in a paint preset, there are several different ways to do it. There are specific path start generators in V5 that let you encapsulate an image processing effect, or the vectorizer directly into the paint preset.

V4 and V5 offer MSG encapsulation within the paint synthesizer via several different mechanisms.

Dual Mode paint presets combine the paint synthesizer with a second dual op mode that processes the canvas interleaved with live painting.

• Hi, 

Thanks for the response. Please which processors are attractor generators and what do they do specifically.
      Could you explain how to generate msg scan generator.

Thanks
      • Here's a tip on extending the paint synthesizer with MSG presets.

Here's a tip that specifically discusses MSG path start generators.

Here's a blog post that discusses a MSG path start generator based on a Pickover attractor.

There are a few other posts there under the MSG header tag that have some additional info on this.

Any of the MSG IFS generators should work. And any MSG processor that is based on a chaotic attractor.

• Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, please can 1toFloatChamDist be used to generate msg scan generators?

• 1toFloatChamDist processor generates a chamfer distance field that gets output to a floating point image stream. So no, that isn't going to work for a MSG path start generator.

You need to use processors that generate a series of output points. That is something the chaotic attractor algorithms do. So, any of the processors that build up a 'dotty' image through successive iterations. Each internal iteration is computing a specific point in the image. So the series of generated image coordinate points gets passed into the paint synthesizer to be used as path start locations in the canvas.

• Hi John,

Could you please expound on how the chamfer processors work and how to use them to process a source image if possible.

Thanks.

• You can use a solid black or white portion of the input image as a starting seed input. They then generate a distance field based off of that. There are some chamfer msg preset categories, so you should take a look at them to see how they are constructed. Look at the IO routing as well as how the processors are chained together.

I'll put together a short tutorial as well and post that on the forum later.

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 22

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5