Problems With Favorites in Win 10

Studio Artist is a fantastic piece of software ! I am using Studio Artist 5 "framework 4.5.1". However, "Favorites" no longer works. Gradually, some presets disappeared from "My Favorites". Then, a 2nd Favorite folder that I had created completely disappeared. Now, I cannot create additional Favorites folders or add presets to the existing one. Furthermore,even if I directly move a preset into the existing Favorites folder using Windows File Explorer, it is not seen on the preset menu for that folder. What gives? Win 10 has been updated by Microsoft multiple times. Is this a problem that only I am experiencing or is it a known issue on Win 10? I really need the Favorites feature because finding all the presets that I use each time is very laborious if they are not in a separate "Favorites" folder.  Please advise.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There are no issues with the favorites preset folders we are aware of. 

The first thing to check would be to make sure you don't have 2 studio artist folders installed on your computer, and you are getting them mixed up for some reason. Second would be to check your hard disk with a disk utility to make sure there aren't any issues with the file indexing on the disk.

If you make changes to the favorites preset folders in the computers finder while studio artist is running, you might need to quit studio artist and restart to see the changes you made come up in the interface's preset browser. 

You can always use file : import to open presets. And drag and drop them from the finder to the studio artist icon. In addition to using the preset browser.

Here's 2 tips that discuss favorites and the organization of the preset fo....

This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson on Saturday

Studio Artist is in Italy!

I was crawling the streets of Matera, Italy today and may have discovered where SA is hiding!  (see attached photo). Not meaning to make light of this great, sad mystery. But I just couldn't resist as I try to make sense of what's happening. Losing my connection to SA, Synthetik and John has been a great sadness... and if real, ends a monumental era in my creative life. love,~Victor   

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Saturday

The Overload

"The Overload"! A video with music, from the various experiments I made in Studio Artist with stuff that I have learned in the last few days, from tips and tricks I found by scouring this site and the Synthetik site for tutorials etc. MSG! Paint Synth with MSG Path Generation! Movie Brushes with MSG Path Start Generation! Time Particles! Time Particles with MSG Path Start Generation running Movie Brushes! All that, and more! Haha I have been trying to stretch the Paint Synthesizer in the…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 31

Teenage Tongue Cult

Hi, here is the video I made back in 2010 for my song "Teenage Tongue Cult". I finally found my master folder of image sequence files for it on one of my old hard drives, and since the version I had on my Vimeo was of pretty terrible pixelated low quality visually, I re-did it yesterday. It has extensive use of Studio Artist through the whole thing. I made it by first animating the characters and scenes in Flash, against a mostly kind of muddy green background, a color I knew wasn't being used…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 30