setting max time on Gallery Show

Hi,

When I run a Gallery show on a large number of processes,  whether they be PASeqs, or brushes or MSGs etc., it would be really great of there was setting, in the Gallery Tab, under Preferences, that would limit the amount of time spent on any one, process.

There is a setting for maximum numer of brush strokes but, for some of the processes,  each brush stroke takes a long time.

bIf I have the max brush strokes to 1000, some of the processes takes hours to completed. Other processes, generate 1000 brush strokes in less then a few seconds

If I set the max brush strokes too low, then the process being run, doesn't cover enough of the canvas, to show me very much.

Being able to set a max processing time would allow me to limit rach process to 5 or ten  minutes, rather than have one image take four hours.

There may already, another way to do this, but I cant find it, and the user guide has no updated infornation on preferences, for SA 5.5 and higher.

Barring that, how about a away to interrupt a gallery show, so that SA stops processing the current item, and goes on to the next one?

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There is a popup to the right to the Loop Max adjustment near the bottom of the Gallery Show preference tab that lets you choose 'No Timeout' or '30 Second Timeout'.

9880353901?profile=RESIZE_930x

We could add additional timeout options in there if people want them.  Sounds like you want one that is longer?

If you press the GS Skip button in the Gallery Show Toolbar, then the current gallery show cycle will end and move onto the next one.  Holding down the shift key and then pressing the spacebar while the shift key is still down is the equivalent of pressing GS Skip.

9880354858?profile=RESIZE_930x

The issue is that some specific things might take awhile before they get to the point where they can stop and the cycle then moves on.  The Vectorizer or Ip Op effects being examples of that.  We spent a lot of time trying to optimize the generative ai so that mutated presets would try to not have settings that lead to ridiculous run times, but it is not perfect by any means.

Also, a few of the Paint Draw generative options  (and of the PaintStrategy named ones) actually run as multiple internal cycles, and GS Skip usually just drops it out of the current cycle.

Here is some information on Gallery Show features.

I also put together a complete description of every Gallery Show control previously on the users forum in that V5.5 group. It looks like those posts might be a victims of Ning losing some of our old posts published around the time we did the release.  If i can't dig it up anywhere else on the users forum, i can put one together again (sigh).

Gallery Show V5.5 Features
    Everyone seems jacked to try out the new Ai Generative Paint Features inside of Studio Artist V5.5. So let's dive into what is new in Gallery Show in…
  • Just curious, but wouldn't the amount of time spent depend on your processor power? 

• The time to run anything in Studio Artist is some function of processor speed, memory cache access speed, graphics card performance, # of cores, etc. So yes, it does vary depending on the characteristics of your particular computer, and what specifically is running in Studio Artist.

Some of the generative paint options in Gallery Show also use other parts of Studio Artist, like the Vectorizer or various Ip Op effects to build vector paths for painting.  Usually those run fairly quickly, but the generative mutation process does have the potential to create parameter settings that can generate ridiculous numbers of complex vectors when using those that can lead to a slower GS cycle time. 

This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13

Studio Artist is in Italy!

I was crawling the streets of Matera, Italy today and may have discovered where SA is hiding!  (see attached photo). Not meaning to make light of this great, sad mystery. But I just couldn't resist as I try to make sense of what's happening. Losing my connection to SA, Synthetik and John has been a great sadness... and if real, ends a monumental era in my creative life. love,~Victor   

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13

The Overload

"The Overload"! A video with music, from the various experiments I made in Studio Artist with stuff that I have learned in the last few days, from tips and tricks I found by scouring this site and the Synthetik site for tutorials etc. MSG! Paint Synth with MSG Path Generation! Movie Brushes with MSG Path Start Generation! Time Particles! Time Particles with MSG Path Start Generation running Movie Brushes! All that, and more! Haha I have been trying to stretch the Paint Synthesizer in the…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 31