Spammer booted from user forum

Sorry if you received an email or a comment from a spammer named Maris Ahmed.  They have been kicked off the user forum, and any comments they posted should be gone as well.

Feel free to send me a message if you ever are getting spam message from any user forum members, and we will boot them off the user forum with a spam marker.  We review people looking to join to try and prevent this, but sometimes someone will present themselves as a legitimate user and get approved.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I got an email that seemed suspicious from that email address. Isearched it in the web and found complaints about spam coming from that address and advising others not to respond.

ljd
    ===============================
    =============================
    Maris Ahmed added a comment to your profile on STUDIO ARTIST USER FORUM

------------
    Good Day,
    How is everything with you, I picked interest on you after going through your short profile and deemed it necessary to write you immediately. I have something very vital to disclose to you, but I found it difficult to express myself here, since it's a public site.Could you please get back to me on:( mrsstellakhalil5888@gmail.com ) for the full details.
    Have a nice day
    Thanks God bless
    Stella.

On Sep 23, 2020, at 3:41 PM, Synthetik Software <mail@studioartist.ning.com> wrote:
    Synthetik Software has sent you a message on STUDIO ARTIST USER FORUM Subject: spam? ------------ Hi Lawrence, What's up with your recent comment?  Is there someone we need to boot off the user forum? thanks, john dalton synthetik ------------ To reply to this message, click here: https://studioartist.ning.com/profiles/message/listInbox?xg_source=m... -- To control which emails you receive on STUDIO ARTIST USER FORUM, go to: https://studioartist.ning.com/?xgo=dykb6tUtI6tu5-JSg-FiPCjI2l1alUIGO...

Lawrence Diggs
    public@ldiggs.com
    605 486 4536
  • I also had the email.... now deleted...

• Yep. Got one myself. I suspect someone is harvesting emails to sell for spam purposes.

Before approving a new forum applicant have them submit some quality artwork as part of their application :)

Here is something I am working on this morning, for retroactive approval.

_1092127-Edit-1-r.jpg

• Cool image. Feel free to post it and others to the photo gallery.

• I've got a ton on images I am working on using modifications of the original preset. The best are going up on my web gallery (https://farshore.smugmug.com/Art-Work/Digital-drawing), but I have so far only thinned the herd down to two galleries. More coming later.

Thanks for the compliment, and thanks for SA.

• When we boot someone for spam, any content they posted here is deleted from the forum.  But any emails they sent to members you will still get unfortunately if they have already been sent.

I go back and forth on only letting people who match up on the official customer list join, which is what i was doing for awhile.  But there are some people who are legitimate trial users who want to join to ask questions before they possibly purchase. So recently i've started letting those people in.  Guess i'll stop that again.

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Friday

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5