Replies

• even thought we just had one?

• Everyone who is a V5.5 customer had their SA V5.5 installer downloads updated recently.  These are available when you log into your myaccount. 

Anyone who is a V5 or earlier customer has to upgrade to be a V5.5 customer to get access to new release builds.

On windows, you get the V5.5.5.01 windows app, which fixes 2 minor bugs on the windows side.

There is no new V5.5.5.01 mac app build, because we didn't change anything on the mac side.

The main difference with the new installers is that they offer up the latest and greatest factory Presets.  These are the specific presets referenced in the new online video preset gallery available at synthetik.com. 

The preset team continued to tweak some of the presets after the initial V5.5.5 release.  The new video gallery shows off processed video examples of different factory PASeq movie processing presets from the new factory collection.  There are hundreds of different demo movies in new the online video gallery that all reference specific factory PASeq presets you can use to run the effect shown in the demo movie.

One thing to keep in mind if you already have Studio Artist V5.5.5 installed on your computer is that you will need to manually integrate any custom presets you may have made into the new factor Preset folder when you grab the latest installer with the V5.5.5.01 stuff in it.

If you are updating from an older V5.5 build prior to V5.5.5, then you don't have to immediately worry about that since the Studio Artist folder is labeled 'StudioArtist V5.5.5' for V5.5.5 installers, while on the mac side it was just labeled with V5.5. 

Yes i know, that is a little bit confusing.  We kept somewhat quite about V5.5.5 being released at the time because we knew this factory Preset folder change was coming in a few weeks.  We also figured there might be some bug issue we would need tor resolve, and that was true on windows.  

Color shift with avi movie file output and crop to selection were the 2 bugs in the windows side we fixed in V5.5.5.01.  

If anyone has any questions on this, feel free to bring them up here and we will answer them.

General Auto Rotoscoping Examples
    General Examples
    • so was this announcement for windows? (v5.5.5.01)

i have v.5.5.5 installed. when i looked at the new online video preset gallery

all the paseqs were familiar to me. am i all up to date?

i've never had a synthetik email in my spam folder before

and noted it was dated nov. 9

• i have v. 5 and v.5.5 installed. 

i'm on a mac.

• If you don't want to perturb your existing Studio Artist V5.5.5 folder too much, you could open the studio artist folder on the installer dmg after opening the dmg in the finder, then navigate into Preset/PASeq and copy the latest PASeq collection folders over from the dmg to your existing Studio Artist Preset folder.  Rename them with something extra in the name at the start or end.

You are already running the V5.5.5 app on mac, so you are already are running the mac app the newest installer installs.

PASeq presets that may have the same name might be structured differently in the V5.5.5 and V5.5.5.01 PASeq presets.  The preset team spent a lot of time trying to come up with best scenerios for building particular effects in a PASeq when the assumption was that they were going to be run on movie files.

Having both PASeq collections in your working preset folder could be an interesting thing, because then you could examine which steps were changed in the PASeq presets between the 2 sets.

Also, keep in mind that the best preset design for processing video might not be the best preset design for building a static 2D canvas.  Extraneous textural detail that might lead to mushy video compression in a compressed movie file could be just the thing to really make a static 2D painting sparkle.

Trying to incorporate some of that expert knowledge into our generative features is maybe to cool thing to think about for the future.

For anyone who is unfamiliar about the folder organization of the Preset folder, here is a tip.

Preset Browsing and Organization - Studio Artist Tips
        Also Check out the Training Videos for Presets. Studio Artist Training Videos Studio Artist provides several different ways to help you organize and…
        • thank you

This reply was deleted.

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Friday

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5