zoom

is anyone working on updating the zoom controls?

I find it annoying to hit the zoom-out button, and then have to scroll around to locate what I was looking at.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What are you looking for specifically?

• There are hot key modifiers in V5.5 to help you do this kind of thing while working with the mouse or pen cursor in the canvas without having to go up to the actual button(s) in the main operation toolbar.

h modifier key lets you scroll

+ or = lets you zoom in

- lets you zoom out

• Thanks, That's a handy shortcut

But my issue is that when the zoom button is less than 1, the center of the zoom is the center of the canvas,  but as soon at the zoom button is 1 or greater, the center of zoom moves each time the zoom button is pressed.

in my case, when the zoom button says 1, and I press zoom,  the center of the screen is moved half way to the top left of the canvas, and not the center of the canvas, where it was originally

What I would like to see is either the zoom always move to the center of the screen, and not the center of some arbitratory point, or a magnify tool that tell SA what to magnify.

My images are generally large (12x18 300dpi)  I frequently need to scroll around zoom into small sections of the canvas. When I zoom out just one step, what I was looking at is no longer there,  and I have to waste time looking for it.

Does this make sense?

• OK, got it.  Let me take a look at how it is currently implemented and see what we can do.

This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13

Studio Artist is in Italy!

I was crawling the streets of Matera, Italy today and may have discovered where SA is hiding!  (see attached photo). Not meaning to make light of this great, sad mystery. But I just couldn't resist as I try to make sense of what's happening. Losing my connection to SA, Synthetik and John has been a great sadness... and if real, ends a monumental era in my creative life. love,~Victor   

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13