All Discussions (2052)

Sort by

Movie Brush

Hello I recently made a movie brush in which all my images had an alpha channel. I edited: Default -> 3.0 Tutorial -> PhotoMontage Brush2 to use my generated quicktime movie. The alpha channel was not acknowledged so I changed the Brush Type to: Sou

Read more…
2 Replies

Rescaling Time

Suppose I want to keep my output movie fps something like 24 (or whatever), and have a source movie which is the same fps. However, I'd like to slow down my source by a factor of N, where I want to repeat each frame of the source movie N times (while

Read more…
2 Replies

New InkJet Photo Printers

Epson was really the only game in town for archival photo printing for a long time but that has recently changed with recent announcements by HP and Canon. I'm particularly excited about the new HP models like the Z2100 and Z3100 series because of th

Read more…
1 Reply

Manual Rotoscoping

Ive been trying to play around with some manual rotoscoping but am having some problems...first off i just want to make sure im going about doing it correctly... I open up the program and load my movie as the source image...i then load the same movi

Read more…
2 Replies

New User Groups Feature

We added a new User Groups feature to the Studio Artist User Forum. You will notice the new Groups tab at the top of the forum and a new popular groups section on the bottom left side. I started a new Studio Artist Tutorials group as a way of gettin

Read more…
1 Reply

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson on Friday

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Emil G. on Saturday

Having difficulty exporting canvas as image

I'd like to export a canvas as a .tiff/.tif image file to a folder I made on my desktop.I select that from a dropdown menu, I can name the exported file, change the extension, etc, and I press save but nothing happens.It's always worked until now. It seems like a simple task. Any ideas?I'm on Mac OSX 12.6, if that matters, and my system hasn't changed since the last time I was able to export successfully.Thanks  

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Tony Bouttell Mar 5