All Discussions (2053)

Sort by

Audio Support in Studio Artist

We're providing some limited audio support for movie processing in Studio Artist in the upcoming 3.5.3 release. That release will provide audio pass-through when processing a source movie that has an audio track associated with it. This works for the

Read more…
6 Replies

Basic question about layers

I have, what is most probably construed by all you techie gurus as an extremely basic question, but at the risk of sounding *super neophyte* I must ask it anyway. I may be missing something very elementary here, but I was painting in 2 different lay

Read more…
5 Replies

Optical Flow Based Paint

John, Random question. I was wondering if SA is capable of ingesting optical flow data and using this to drive paint strokes much how Mass Illusions used their 'Motion Paint' package to create the scenes in What Dreams May Come. SA seems to have man

Read more…
9 Replies

Great site for artists

Studio Artist users who the use software to create can unleash their creativity at Maccaca (). This site is gaining on popularity and was recently reviewed by Killer Startups as a "heaven for all artists". Create your art using Studio Artist and pos

Read more…
2 Replies

resolution in msg

i am trying to place all the resolution independent presets in a separate folder and i was wondering about resolution--if i open up the processor window, if a preset has one or more indep res components, but then lots of those that aren't, is the pre

Read more…
3 Replies

Questions

Is their a way to: Auto rotoscope a movie, automatically changing, the effect or PAS, every so many frames? Batch process x number of frames (not all) of a movie? To deconstruct an image, stroke by stroke from finished image back to white canvas?

Read more…
7 Replies

msg movies

so i can see the view from my isight camera on one of the 16 evolver squares, thats fine i can mess with that, and the latency isnt too bad. but when i try, -process-processmovie-with current MSG- the big canvas view comes up and the movement is very

Read more…
3 Replies

On the closure of the User Forum : An open letter to John Dalton

Hi John I have no idea what you are going through. However the impact you have made not to continue with the user forum and your desire keep it as a permanent feature as promised in the past is a big shock. It also betrays the faith and love we have shown in you and Studio Artist.  Bluntly spoken, it sucks. That you have chosen to follow this direction in silence, allowing no compassion or understanding on our part is a betrayal of the deepest level. What is going on? This is not the John…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Paul Perlow 6 hours ago

Interdimensional Coincidence Control

Hi everyone, I am glad the site is still here! Here is a new short video I made. All made in Studio Artist, several separate videos with alpha channels, then combined in layers with the music in Blender. A lot of MSG running through brushes, with several of the brush Path Starts being controlled by the MSG Scan Generator in the Generator part of the Path Start in the Paint Synthesizer. Also some MSG running through a brush, then making a video of that with an alpha channel, then making that a…

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Mar 22

Whats going on with this site?

Has anyone else gotten a warning about this site disappearing? An email form just popped up, asking me to contract the owner and leave a message to let them know that they may loose their "network"Did Synthetik forget to pay it's bills, or is something else going on?I think 8 months is more than enough vacation time. Is anyone at Synthetik doing any development work at all? 

Read more…
7 Replies · Reply by Alf 6 hours ago