All Discussions (2059)

Sort by

Great site for artists

Studio Artist users who the use software to create can unleash their creativity at Maccaca (). This site is gaining on popularity and was recently reviewed by Killer Startups as a "heaven for all artists". Create your art using Studio Artist and pos

Read more…
2 Replies

resolution in msg

i am trying to place all the resolution independent presets in a separate folder and i was wondering about resolution--if i open up the processor window, if a preset has one or more indep res components, but then lots of those that aren't, is the pre

Read more…
3 Replies

msg movies

so i can see the view from my isight camera on one of the 16 evolver squares, thats fine i can mess with that, and the latency isnt too bad. but when i try, -process-processmovie-with current MSG- the big canvas view comes up and the movement is very

Read more…
3 Replies

uploading photos

I seem to be having trouble uploading photos to this site. One has uploaded, after numerous attempts. I am uploading small files 44.2kb and in jpeg. format. Is it just a server issue do you think? Message is that 'there is a problem ....', but does n

Read more…
1 Reply

Imovie 08 issue?

I used SA movie stream to make a video showing several painting transitions using paths. I then imported the movie into Imovie 08 so that I could add music. I replayed it in IM 08 and when I was satisfied I exported the movie to itunes, elsewhere in

Read more…
5 Replies

Process Movie Settings

I did first serious tests with the task Proscess Source Movie with a Paint Action Sequence. The snippet of video I used was set to 15 frames per second and I cut it down to 2 seconds. Means I had 30 frames. When I let the source movie ran through the

Read more…
5 Replies

Movie Brush

Hello I recently made a movie brush in which all my images had an alpha channel. I edited: Default -> 3.0 Tutorial -> PhotoMontage Brush2 to use my generated quicktime movie. The alpha channel was not acknowledged so I changed the Brush Type to: Sou

Read more…
2 Replies

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13

Studio Artist is in Italy!

I was crawling the streets of Matera, Italy today and may have discovered where SA is hiding!  (see attached photo). Not meaning to make light of this great, sad mystery. But I just couldn't resist as I try to make sense of what's happening. Losing my connection to SA, Synthetik and John has been a great sadness... and if real, ends a monumental era in my creative life. love,~Victor   

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13